I’m New to this Forum. Are There any UK & Ireland Members?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Ukpipesmoker

Lurker
Mar 17, 2021
Brighton UK
Haha, actually they do! Mail is delivered once a week when weather allows via a USPS third party contractor that operates a helicopter. The service contract costs $300,000 per year and serves 147 residents, hahaha.

Much better than it used to be though, which was walrus skinned boats and the occasional (a few times a year at best) airdrop.
That is pretty impressive. But $300K per year!!!!

Reactions: BROBS

Suilven

Lurker
Mar 11, 2021
Vancouver Island, BC, Canada
Welcome from the Colonies. I'm a new member as well, my home being near Victoria on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. My father's parents originated from Glasgow area but emigrated to Canada way back when. I've traveled both in England and Scotland. Loved the kindness and hospitality of your people, and the landscapes in the Yorkshire Dales and Scottish Highlands are stunning. Best wishes.

Ukpipesmoker

Lurker
Mar 17, 2021
Brighton UK
Welcome from the Colonies. I'm a new member as well, my home being near Victoria on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. My father's parents originated from Glasgow area but emigrated to Canada way back when. I've traveled both in England and Scotland. Loved the kindness and hospitality of your people, and the landscapes in the Yorkshire Dales and Scottish Highlands are stunning. Best wishes.
Thank you for the welcome messages! My dad is from Glasgow and his family very nearly moved to Canada when he was a baby.. The Yorkshire Dales are beautiful! If you ever make it back here you should visit The Lake District