PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
I process deer that my boys shoot, caveat being I get the heart in my portion of the meat. Otherwise I get a few squirrels and pheasants each year.

shikano53

Lifer
May 26, 2015
Dave, that's a beauty!

I don't bow hunt anymore, surgery to left rotator-cuff and I'm a south-paw so my hunting season doesn't start until November AKA rifle season. Cut and wrap whatever I harvest. I have a killer (no pun intended) venison chili recipe I don't mind sharing.

Might be a great idea to share venison chili recipes.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Heading down to our hunt club in NC this weekend for a pig pickin' and some manly fun, actually. Our 120+ year old club owns around 11 thousand acres of beautiful North Cackilacky wilderness that we hunt on. I have a lifetime license since birth to hunt in NC and my grandfather and father have been hunting down there since the '50s. I consider myself truly lucky and fortunate to have access to such an increasingly rare commodity in today's technologically reliant society. Our work party is next month in preparation for whitetail season, so i'll be romping in the woods then as well.
Here's a small 8 pointer i took a few years back.
image18.jpg

blueeyedogre

Lifer
Oct 17, 2013
Sadly I waited for idiot friends that said they wanted to hunt this year and missed entering the moose draw. Now I have to wait for next year to put another moose in the freezer.

rhoadsie

Can't Leave
Dec 24, 2013
Virginia, USA
October 3 is the start of bow season here, I can't wait! Out of last seasons harvest and need venison STAT. We do raise rabbit for meat and they are an excellent substitute.

Status
Not open for further replies.