PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central N.C. I've spent some happy days in the western part of the state going way back to family vacations, an Outward Bound excursion, and other camping and vacation trips.

If you saved the pieces, that Savinelli could be put back together and refitted with a stem by a pipe repairman for not a lot of money, and they would probably get it right so it wouldn't break easily. I have a number of Sav's, but no Bings. All of mine, so far over years, have been work horse durable.

Reactions: Fo0zle

Fo0zle

Lurker
Jan 22, 2023
Western N.C.
Welcome aboard from central N.C. I've spent some happy days in the western part of the state going way back to family vacations, an Outward Bound excursion, and other camping and vacation trips.

If you saved the pieces, that Savinelli could be put back together and refitted with a stem by a pipe repairman for not a lot of money, and they would probably get it right so it wouldn't break easily. I have a number of Sav's, but no Bings. All of mine, so far over years, have been work horse durable.
I contacted Smokingpipes and they said they’d refund me pending an inspection of the pipe so fingers crossed!

I went for a more durable design w/ the 106 instead.

Fo0zle

Lurker
Jan 22, 2023
Western N.C.
Here’s my new Dolomiti 106. I love it so far. Such a great smoke.

51696CD5-C190-4C4D-A75F-C91FC1392140.jpeg

Wondered if you guys thought it’s a good idea to avoid aromatics like the Autumn Evening I just got until the pipe is broken in more?

Savinelli either puts a bowl coating or pre-chars the bowl, so I thought maybe the break in process wasn’t so important. Maybe I’m wrong?

• Love
Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon