PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BookGuy74

Lurker
Jan 4, 2024
I've been smoking a pipe very occasionally since maybe 1969 or70... When I started college, there was a fellow in the study lounge of the student union that smoked Borkum Riff, and it smelled wonderful! Over the years since then, I'd usually get the urge walking past a smoke shop in a mall or something, then smoke a few pipe fulls, then quit for a year or two.

This last summer though, I made a few happy accidental discoveries, and I enjoyed smoking my pipe immensely and stuck with it. Among other things, I ran across a tobacco that I really enjoy, (Cornell & Diehl's Autumn Evening,) and discovered that my old churchwarden pipe was PERFECT for sitting out on a swinging chair and reading! That led to reading a few pipe smoking books, running down a few more churchwardens, and doing things a little better than I used to. :)

I pretty much only smoke outside, so the winter weather has put a damper on my relaxing escapes for awhile. Looking forward to Spring...
Marty
Greetings from Arizona! A good pipe and a good book . . . one of life's best combos (throwing in a nice single malt doesn't hurt, either!).

Reactions: MartyA

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
I've been smoking a pipe very occasionally since maybe 1969 or70... When I started college, there was a fellow in the study lounge of the student union that smoked Borkum Riff, and it smelled wonderful! Over the years since then, I'd usually get the urge walking past a smoke shop in a mall or something, then smoke a few pipe fulls, then quit for a year or two.

This last summer though, I made a few happy accidental discoveries, and I enjoyed smoking my pipe immensely and stuck with it. Among other things, I ran across a tobacco that I really enjoy, (Cornell & Diehl's Autumn Evening,) and discovered that my old churchwarden pipe was PERFECT for sitting out on a swinging chair and reading! That led to reading a few pipe smoking books, running down a few more churchwardens, and doing things a little better than I used to. :)

I pretty much only smoke outside, so the winter weather has put a damper on my relaxing escapes for awhile. Looking forward to Spring...
Marty
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Lees65GTO

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2022
Texas
Welcome from SE Texas. Back in the mid 70s Borkum Riff was my go tobacco, before I stopped aromatics. Glad you are back.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome to the forum!

Please
put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.

MartyA

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2024
Iowa
Welcome to the forum!

Please
put your location in your Profile, as people are forgetful.
Why: It will save time for others as to where you live when you mention local stores, weather, tobacco prices, availability, regulations, location of photos, wildfires, air quality, etc. In many instances that saves time for those who read your posts, and for you in not having to reply to inquiries. .
How:
Under your avatar, (top right, left most of three symbols) you choose "Account Details", which brings up "My Account". "My Location" is halfway down. Whatever you're comfortable with- town, city, county, state. province, etc.
I think I got it... :)
Marty

Reactions: jpmcwjr