Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MartyA

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2024
Iowa
I've been smoking a pipe very occasionally since maybe 1969 or70... When I started college, there was a fellow in the study lounge of the student union that smoked Borkum Riff, and it smelled wonderful! Over the years since then, I'd usually get the urge walking past a smoke shop in a mall or something, then smoke a few pipe fulls, then quit for a year or two.

This last summer though, I made a few happy accidental discoveries, and I enjoyed smoking my pipe immensely and stuck with it. Among other things, I ran across a tobacco that I really enjoy, (Cornell & Diehl's Autumn Evening,) and discovered that my old churchwarden pipe was PERFECT for sitting out on a swinging chair and reading! That led to reading a few pipe smoking books, running down a few more churchwardens, and doing things a little better than I used to. :)

I pretty much only smoke outside, so the winter weather has put a damper on my relaxing escapes for awhile. Looking forward to Spring...
Marty

Attachments

• 6yF1h-k-Ttm38EVCvDbQCA.jpg
    6yF1h-k-Ttm38EVCvDbQCA.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 29

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Howdy from Michigan, Marty! I’m sure you’ll eventually get used to smoking in the winter as you have with shoveling and brushing off your car.

Reactions: MartyA