PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
For the same reason manufacturers of many products don't. They put the date stamp on for their own use, not for the Customer. And if R = 2018, that 1 character vs 4. Easier, cheaper.
I guess I already knew the answer, it was more of a complaint that they didn't do it complimentary for the customer. They must realize with all the emails they get about how to date tins that its something many customers are interested in.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I guess I already knew the answer, it was more of a complaint that they didn't do it complimentary for the customer. They must realize with all the emails they get about how to date tins that its something many customers are interested in.

I hear that but it would imply they give a shit about their Customers. The reality is, we're kind of a small fraction of the pipe smoking world on these web sites. Most pipe smokers don't think about aging, building a cellar and all the stuff we obsess about here. They see it, they want it, they buy it without much thought to date codes. That's my theory at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.