PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyohogger

Lurker
Nov 6, 2018
39 for a couple more weeks, then the big 40. Trying to figure out what pipe to buy to mark the occasion, you know a life long pipe for the mid life celebration! Any suggestions?

wulfheard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2018
New Jersey
I'm 58...started smoking a pipe when I was 18. Smoked steadily until my late 30s until the wife and my son urged me to quit . I figured what the hell, let's see if I can do it...so I quit the pipe for 20 years and didn't touch tobacco products with exception of an occasional macanudo ascot in all that time. Recently after having dinner at a local cigar bar, I realized that the occasional cigar just wasn't really to my liking...They smell bad and sometimes taste even worse and the odor sticks to you like a greasy yellow cloud (not trying to insult cigar smokers but to each his own). So I decided to revive my pipe collection and smoke an occasional bowl of some of my old stand-bys. Much to my chagrin I discovered that most of my old more local tobacco haunts (Tinderbox, John David Ltd, Mr. Pipe, etc) have gone the way of the dinosaur; (thank you very much, anti-smoking nazis) Luckily I discovered a thriving online community with plenty of tobacco sources that I can order and have delivered to my door. It doesn't quite replace the expeirence of going to your favorite tobacconist but it will do for now.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
30, just picked up the pipe a few months ago. Been smoking cigs since I was 16, wish I never would have started those and found the pipe earlier to be honest.

chs110

Lurker
Feb 25, 2015
63 next week. Smoked a pipe off and on for 20 years (more off than on) but recently got serious about it. Very serious. Loving it!

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
63 in a few weeks. Smoking pipe for over 30 years. I new I was going to get old but I didn't expect it to happen so fast. If I new I would live this long, I would have taken more risk, chase richer women and jumped out of higher flying planes.

Status
Not open for further replies.