How Often do You use Your Favorite Pipe(s)?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

60 Fresh Peterson Pipes
24 Fresh Tsuge Pipes
12 Fresh Ser Jacopo Pipes
3 Fresh Dirk Heinemann Pipes
12 Fresh Randy Wiley Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Not true for me. I'd have to package the pipe, drive into the city to post it, pay the postage, etc. How in the world would I be better for all of the cost and inconvenience? A less than stellar pipe isn't going to compound the problem by requiring me to truck it into town and donate or post it to somewhere. Not when I can solve the problem by simply tossing it into the trash. I keep my smoking as simple as possible.
Same. I live ten miles from the post office and hate driving.

Reactions: warren

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Any pipe that meets my criteria is a favorite, no levels of most to least. Not passing a pipe cleaner will get them out of my collection faster than anything.
Admittedly, nothing irks me more than getting a pipe that the pipe cleaner won't pass thru. However, I have several pipes that are great smokers where this is the case.
I don't like green briar pipes, and I don't like lakeland ghosted pipes, but if you get a new pipe that the pipe cleaner won't pass thru, I'll happily pay postage to have it shipped to me in Texas.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
Not true for me. I'd have to package the pipe, drive into the city to post it, pay the postage, etc. How in the world would I be better for all of the cost and inconvenience? A less than stellar pipe isn't going to compound the problem by requiring me to truck it into town and donate or post it to somewhere. Not when I can solve the problem by simply tossing it into the trash. I keep my smoking as simple as possible.
Alright, I see it like giving someone the opportunity to enjoy something your throwing away. Recycling at its finest. But hey, to each their own. ?‍♂️☕

Reactions: TheWhale13

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
Try to keep in mind Warren, you're talking frontier knowledge to some city boys. They don't think the same way.

I however agree with you 100%. Why pay out of pocket to shuffle off my misfortune to another? File 13 it!

Problem solved. Problem staying solved.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
True but I've got a guilt complex and couldn't pass something I find flawed onto the next guy.

If that Dunhill Shell freehand ever becomes junk, please don't post it on here you threw it away or made a planter out of it! I think that would cause me to have an aneurism. My daughter has the giving me an aneurism market cornered.

Eye-level

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 12, 2021
Tulsa Oklahoma
I'm fairly good about smoking each pipe in my rotation (circa 20 pipes). In a months time I have smoked them all some more than others.

leonardbill1

Lifer
May 21, 2017
Denver, CO
I have a "smoked" rack that holds 14 pipes. I'll smoke a few different pipes every day, and the next day they go into the smoked rack. Anything in that rack sits at least a few days before it gets smoked again. The rack fills up after a week or so and then I'll smoke from that group until they need to be cleaned, then the smoke rack becomes the "time to clean" rack. I'll usually go for a different group of pipes the next time through the process. That said, there are a few crown jewels that I only smoke occasionally which I clean and return to the vault the next day.