PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigvan

Lifer
Mar 22, 2011
flyfishn,
Yes a pipe is a piece of wood with two holes... and a painting is a piece of canvas with a few dollars of paint on it. And a sculpture is a just a rock.
So can we assume you don't smoke anything but the cheapest drug store bulk in a $2 Chinese-made plastic pipe?

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
9a5c2102.jpg

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
Believe me if I told you how much I had paid for some of my fly rods and reels you might think the price absurd.

According to the American Sportfishing Association anglers generate over 45 billion dollars in retail sales.
Kevin likes to buy expensive cars when an old beater would get him across town just as well.
If I could, I'd like to spend a couple of thousand on a nice ukulele even though I can't play my $150 Fluke up to its potential.
I suppose we all have an area where we would be enthusiasts (idiots by anyone else's standard) if we could only afford it.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
If someone is as rich as Bill Gates and has $3,500 to drop on a pipe he wants, more power to him. The most expensive pipes I ever owned were my Mark Tinskys and my Lannes Johnson (all superb pipes, by the way) and they were in the $140-$160 range. Economic conditions forced me to sell them and my most expensive pipe these days is my Peterson 999 Irish Whiskey (also a superb smoker). Even if I had unlimited funds, I doubt that I would go any higher than another Tinsky or Jan Zeman. There are just too many good Petersons, Savinellis, Stanwells, and Boswells out there. I'd rather spend my money on tobacco before the feds tax it to the moon.
Smokey

bobby46

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2012
A public service message:
Looks to me like posters think they are talking about pipes in this thread. What is coming across to me are defences for each individuals current financial status.
Don't hold back; Get it all out.......

Status
Not open for further replies.