PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
That's a good question! I really haven't got much of an idea how many ozs. of tobacco I smoke in 30 days.

I guess that's because I feel as if my pipe smoking is evolving.

I started off smoking pipes in lieu of cigs so I tend to smoke more frequently than a piper who is not addicted to Lady N.

I do think that my rate of consumption will start to become less and less addiction driven as I learn to become more comfortable with delayed gratification, or more accessible to the pipe experience.

I might smoke 10 or 15 bowls a day?...how much is that? I don't have a clue. I don't think about it in those terms.

I look at my 'cellar' and try to stay ahead. My enjoyment of tasting new blends and sharing impressions will keep me trying more, but it's early days in piping for me and my consumption rate will likely stabilize at a slightly more moderate pace. Meanwhile, I'd go broke MORE quickly if all I smoked were 'tins'.

Do I really have to think about how many pounds of tobacco I'm smoking? I want this to be a positive experience.

My only regret is that I can't pop a new tinned blend for every bowl, because I can't afford it.

Can you imagine? Open up 10 or 12 NEW blends a day!?!

Smoke one or two bowls and donate! What a cool write off for the well heeled piper!

One pound in one month? Wow, and I thought that I was a heavy smoker. I smoke under half a pound a month (4 tins or 2oz jars), and I am trying to cut back some by trying to expand the time between pipes and making bowls last longer by smoking even slower. It just doesn't feel natural to me not to have a pipe in my mouth.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
According to tobaccocellar.com, I smoke around 2.3oz of tobacco a month. However, that is just my logged tobacco And does not include samples, home grown, cigars, etc.

briarguys

Might Stick Around
Nov 5, 2013
TN
I would guess a pound. I do not buy in 1 pound increments, so it is hard to keep track. It would be interesting to keep track though.

settersbrace

Lifer
Mar 20, 2014
My consumption varies but at the most I smoke maybe 200 gr a month. I have customers who come into the shop that smoke a pound or more a month. I'd suspect the pipes they smoke are going from wake up to bed time and they probably keep them lit during meals! Lol.

16 ounces is not really that much tobacco in the grand scheme of things. I remember early in my pipe smoking I bought my first ever pound of bulk 965 and then I was smoking 3-5 bowls a day and it was kind of surprising how fast that went.

Mar 1, 2014
Desperately little. If I wanted to get through a tin in a month it would be a struggle.
At the same time, it makes tobacco a wonderful long-term investment.

I'm probably going to concentrate on Latakia for the next five years and then start digging out my tins of Orlik Golden Sliced etc...

geo3rge

Might Stick Around
Oct 28, 2013
Around half a pound a month (roughly 4 x 50g pouches). Recently I counted how many bowls of average size I got from a 50g pouch and it was twenty. These lasted me about five days but it varies as I don't smoke when I'm out on work tasks or visiting folk. I'd say average about 100 bowls a month.

gtclark

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2013
My smoking varies from 1-3 bowls a week to 1-3 bowls a day, depending on my schedule. 2-3 oz a month on average.

Status
Not open for further replies.