PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Akin to Christian Laettner with the Dream Team, I think Clark should be on the Olympic team.

Prior to her, I'm guessing virtually no one could name a WNBA player (except the lady that disavowed the USA and somehow made it) since the league began.

Clark has brought attention, media coverage, ticket sales, sold out arenas and different venues, and talks of team expansion as a result.

While paying dues are needed, Clark is paying dividends in cash for the league, players, and USA.
?

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
10 is more than I smoke, but not by much. As long as you're happy with it the rate, if you enjoy your smokes, if other responsibilities are being met, and loved ones aren't staging interventions it's not too much.
Really, "too much" or "excessive" are relative terms. Everything else about this is YMMV. So too is the proper number of pipes smoked in a day.

mpjetset

Starting to Get Obsessed
There are different opinions about this, but since moisture conveys a lot of flavor (and alkaline unfortunately) I like the slowest smoke possible without working at it to distraction. I'm somewhere around 75 minutes in an average American size bowl, always on the verge of a gurgle in many pipes, and there's still some room to go slower. A downside is, I don't have time to sit for an hour and a half these days. In the car or walking around, 45 minutes to an hour is right.

Reactions: Monty1
Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
"Excessive" is a relative number since bowl sizes vary. If one is smoking out of a small bowl then 10 isn't necessarily a large number as compared to smoking out of an oversized bowl. Also depends on the period of time you're smoking. Some people only smoke for a few hours while others will smoke all day long, so again 10 bowls may not be a large number.

On my days off I'll smoke anywhere from 2-5 bowls, if I'm smoking my pipes, and on the days, I work I might have a bowl or two if I sit down for a smoke. Typically, I only smoke on my days off, but depending on how work went I might have a smoke when I get home.

Reactions: Monty1