PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Bowl size is the great unknown variable from my perspective. I like shag and flake tobaccos very high in Vitamin-N (e.g. Kendal Dark), which means I smoke in small bowls. 10 small bowls of such blends is probably reasonable.

If you are daily smoking 10 Peterson House Pipes loaded with with Gawith Hoggarth Brown Twist, then you are likely not long for this world. Alternatively, you may be doing just that and revealing that you are immortal.

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
If you are daily smoking 10 Peterson House Pipes loaded with with Gawith Hoggarth Brown Twist, then you are likely not long for this world. Alternatively, you may be doing just that and revealing that you are immortal.
I don't laugh out loud often, but this made me chuckle. I have both large and small chamber pipes for various reasons and situations.

The large for weekend mornings with a bottomless cup of coffee. The small for weeknight smokes when particularly stressed.

Working full time while raising a 4 year old makes it currently difficult to smoke as much as I'd like. Small pipes of a stout blend are ideal for this situation. If retired, it would be a whole different situation.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I don't laugh out loud often, but this made me chuckle. I have both large and small chamber pipes for various reasons and situations.

The large for weekend mornings with a bottomless cup of coffee. The small for weeknight smokes when particularly stressed.

Working full time while raising a 4 year old makes it currently difficult to smoke as much as I'd like. Small pipes of a stout blend are ideal for this situation. If retired, it would be a whole different situation.
I am glad I could give you a laugh. You and I are in similar situations. Our days to smoke large, leisurely bowls are years off. Here’s hoping we both get to enjoy them!

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I am glad I could give you a laugh. You and I are in similar situations. Our days to smoke large, leisurely bowls are years off. Here’s hoping we both get to enjoy them!
Amen brother. I'm hopeful to get past 58 as my father, grandfather, and great-grandfather passed at 58 with a great-great not even reaching that far.

Cheers.

Reactions: Choatecav

dingdong

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 2, 2024
Jakarta, Indonesia
The tongue and palate will definitely tell me to stop - when everything tastes like sour mess and a dragon nibbling at my tongue puffy puffy puffy

after mouth-cleaning ops (balvenie/rum/tea/coffee/gurgle of mouthwash/fresh fruits), and a good meal, then back to nicotine intake again puffypuffypuffy

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
66 seems to be the expiration limit for my family. Just glad I live nowhere near where tobacco use is frowned upon.
@didimauw has a family expiration to beat too.

My uncle was sweating his 58th year (seriously), but made it. However, he wasn't the first son.

May we all get further than our parents, whether by age, money, or otherwise. Just don't resuscitate me. My affairs are set up so my daughter will be okay and I need the rest.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014

My uncle was sweating his 58th year (seriously), but made it. However, he wasn't the first son.

May we all get further than our parents, whether by age, money, or otherwise. Just don't resuscitate me. My affairs are set up so my daughter will be okay and I need the rest.
I'm okay with it. Decline of physical and mental faculties of advanced age worries me more than death.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI

Yup, both parents, 57, 3 years apart.
I got 24 years to see if I can make it!