PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

curl

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 29, 2014
I have just one 14 oz tub of Carter Hall.

Our local HEB was closing for reconstruction, and on my last visit before the closing I saved the tub from a forlorn looking tobacco case. However, I doubt that I will ever actually open it.

Question: how long will it keep in that original tub?

Reactions: diamondback

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
I have severals 8oz tins of GLP Stratford, Jackknife Plug, SPC Plum Pudding, C&D Black Frigate. Nothing OTC or codger blends.

Btw, does Scottys bulk blends come in bags now? I'd love to have a tub of it but I don't see the option on P&C.

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I've smoked Carter Hall and several other OTC blends. Carter Hall was decent but doesn't compare well with the blends I smoke every day. At present I have zero tubs and that isn't likely to change.

snoopy311

Can't Leave
Dec 21, 2016
I believe I have eight tubs in my cellar. Only one open is Carter Hall. Working my way through that before anything else gets opened.

Reactions: docrameous

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
So I’ve often wondered, if say one was to buy a tub of granger, how long is it still good to smoke in the tub? Does the tub keep a good enough seal to eliminate the need to jar it up? I want to try this blend but I’m afraid most would end up going to waste.

tkcolo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2018
Granby, CO
My only tub is Prince Albert. If I ever smoke around other non-smokers, it has a great smell. I've had more than one pretty lady cozy up to me, because I smelled like their grandpa. It's really a phenomenon.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I currently have 4. Two are Carter Hall, and two are Catham Manor. However one of the Catham Manor tubs I opened new and separated it into jars, and put the jars into a cardboard box and sealed it up for the cellar.

Status
Not open for further replies.