PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcsnaps

Lifer
Oct 18, 2010
Morning and afternoon commute give me time to get a bowl in each way, then usually a bowl or 2 in the evening.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
M-F it's usually once in the evening, although I might smoke two bowls. That said, it's the rare week where I don't end up skipping an evening for some reason.
Weekends, it might be as much as three times a day, depending on what's on the agenda.

jankomatic

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 12, 2010
Tampa, FL
I smoke between 1-4 bowls a day. I don't smoke in the house otherwise it would probably be a bit more. Sometimes it is too hot and humid to go outside in this Florida heat, so I might only get one early in the morning or one late at night.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Not enough time during the week, Friday night through Sunday night is my normal smoking time. I usually get in 3-5 bowls during the weekend. However, with the holiday coming up, I will certainly celebrate this great nation with a bowl, a beer and some bbq!!

zunismoke

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 3, 2010
NC
I have never tried to keep track but I think I smoke between 4 and 5 pipes a day on average. I arise between 9 and 10AM and rarely have a smoke before noon. Most of my smokes are afternoon through late evening. I might smoke half a pipe and stop to do something and then come back and finish it an hour later. Quite often my first pipe of the day is the one I did not finish the night before.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
The number of pipes I smoke a day is highly variable.

Yesterday, only a two or three, today I'm on my third already, and plan to smoke many more.

That's the thing about pipes... If its inconvenient... so be it... I won't smoke.

If it's not inconvenient I'll smoke when I like.

However; another aspect of the word inconvenient.... It is one of the things that appeals to me about pipes.

They are not easy... too many things are too easy these days.

dawk

Might Stick Around
Aug 25, 2010
I usually hit 5 times a day-I can't think of one reason not to light up!

grouchy

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2011
hope you make a career out of it. at your age and mine back then, way back, time went so slow i thought the tour of duty would never end...age brings wisdom of some sort and now knowing that between then and now was nothing than a short breeze on a hot day. poof and then you are retired. tough it out, get the pension and go to work for a few years for another pension. me?, well, thats another story. now its a small disability pension and waiting around for social sec to kick in. for now, its day to day and trust me, you dont want that, but dont become complacement and think it wont happen to you, but you do have all those years ahead of you to chance that and it can. accidents happen to everyone, some worse than others. by the time you get your social sec, you will have both the time and dollars you want. :wink:

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
grouchy Im keeping my option open at this point. I want to ty for a career, but no point staying in a job if you dont like it. I'll stick by contact to contract, if I make it 20 great if not I'll take my GI Bill and get some college in.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
7 or 8 bowls a day. I'd smoke more than that if it didn't wear me out.
Off topic: viceroy, if you do make a career of military service, which is very good, plan on a second career in a field with a private pension plan. If you subsequently work and contribute to Social Security they will probably not allow you to double-dip, or collect the full amount of your Social Security benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.