PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I have around 85 pipes and 55 or so are No American made artisan pipes. I have a fairly large rotation as I do smoke all of my artisan made pipes usually at least once a month. I own 3 meers but only one gets smoked once in a great while. I don't need anymore pipes but I look at hundreds of pipes per week looking for maybe one more?
Here is my not very organized set up.

setup2-600x450.jpg

Aug 14, 2012
I have had up to about 185 at a time. Right now, since I can no longer smoke I have 106, mostly Dunhills. I will offer many of these for sale when I am no longer too lazy to photograph and pack them.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have a lot of pipes. Some are high end, some are not. I had a phase where I was into American pipes like Kaywoodie, Linkmans, Mastercrafts, Tom Howard, etc. I seem to drift towards Pete's, too. I have cut back on PAD. I tend to look at only getting Christmas pipes now.

ken56

Might Stick Around
Sep 30, 2018
Wow Their are some great Descriptions of a lot of fine Pipe collections.

I think what drew me back into Pipe smoking is the fact that its a fading Hobby - My GrandPop smoked one in the 1900's and my Dad smoked one in the 1950's I started smoking one in the 1970's - I and every other Pipe smoker on this forum are carrying on a tradition that is thousands of years old - and there is something truly cool to say about that.

K

derhammer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 7, 2018
New Zealand
I've got 25 at the moment, but am looking forward to part with 7 of them as they are of a smaller bowl to my liking. I would like for sure to get more pipes but I think I'll wait until the ones I don't like get sold first.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
After the past few weeks I did get down to 42. Now I need to convince my wife to quit buying me pipes and tobacco.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I’ve only been into pipes for about 4 months but I already have 7 pipes.. I need to slow down on buying them. There are so so many that I still want, but I really don’t need them. I already have a couple that I don’t smoke nearly as often as the others. I think I’ll stop buying pipes for a while and focus more on enjoying different blends now that I have enough pipes to rotate between. I’m a sucker for a good deal, though. My most recent pipe was such a steal I would never have forgiven myself for not grabbing it. Current fleet is a Barling Garnet Grain estate from the 60’s, Ropp Vintage Stout Sandblasted, Briarworks C61, Peterson System Standard 313, Peterson Flame Grain 87, Peterson Rosslare Royal Irish 6 & 120.

J.Henry845

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 22, 2019
Dutchess County, NY
10yrs of Pipe Smoking:

9 cobs
2 Meerschaums
2 Falcon Stems with 3 bowls
24 briars

I have lately been reaching for a LaRocca Bent Dublin dedicated to Latakia blends as I have been smoking quite a bit of Nightcap and Billy Budd lately.
The LaRocca was one of the first pipes I purchased ($45) and has a seen a lot of smokes.
One of the "cheapest" pipes I have, but it is a top smoker. Revisiting some of my older/lesser smoked pipes helps keep the PAD away.

Status
Not open for further replies.