PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
I have just done some math for fun to see how many pipefuls would I smoke out of each pipe if I smoked all the tobacco from the cellar. My pipes in average take about 3 grams of tobacco, I own 15 pipes and around 8kg of tobacco. To smoke it all each pipe would be smoked 177 times. I realised I need more tobacco. :LOL:
How many pipefuls would your pipes take with your current stash of tobacco?

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Let's see...
57 pipes x 3g per pipe = 171 grams

I have a small cellar. Approximately 5868 grams total (if I did the math right)
Therefore, I would have to smoke each pipe approximately 35 times to smoke through all the tobacco I currently have on hand. That means, if I smoked one bowl a day, it would take me 1,995 days or roughly 5.4 years to smoke everything.

Of course, that doesn't take in other variables such as how much new tobacco I acquire in a year (on avg. about 4 lbs. per year)

Math works of you never spill or just throw away tobaccos. Heck, I end up with more spilled than in my pipe most of the time. Sometimes I get sick of a tobacco and just throw it away, or gove tins away like cigars when a baby gets squirted out. I have well over 400 pounds pf boended tobacco and just about as much homegrown waiting to be blended. Hell, it’s pipe tobacco, the cheapest shit in the world. I spill it as I walk to and fro. It’s not like the stuff is valuable or anything.