How Many of Your Shirts Have Burned Cinder Holes in Them? ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

How Many Of Your Shirts/Pants Have Burned Cinder Holes In Them From Spilled Ashes? ?

• None

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Only a few

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • I am the Human Torch

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters

Charlie718

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 25, 2021
Bronx, New York
I haven’t burned any clothing with pipes or cigars but have burned many a hole in shirts and pants from cig smoking and the last time I did that was years ago (knocking on wood as I type).

Reactions: Akousticplyr

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I've ruined very few pipe smoking. I've ruined an astounding number of shirts in other slovenly ways but remarkably few through pipe smoking.

I have a work jacket I use to smoke in when it's cold that's so filthy it will stand on its own but no burns.

Reactions: Charlie718

boston

Jun 27, 2018
Boston
Never burned a hole in a shirt. Food stains sadly are another matter. Don't know why either, I'm not a sloppy guy and I aim as best I can. Seems my white shirts get shellacked most often too. Life is unfair.

Reactions: Kal and Charlie718

anantaandroscoggin

Sep 9, 2017
Greene, Maine, USA
I've just been forcibly reminded that probably the majority of the holes in my shirts come from that first tamp after the false-light, which carries the hazard of dragging coals out (and thus sometimes spilling over the rim) with the first raising of it for the second light tamp around the inside of the bowl.

sumusfumus

Jul 20, 2017
New York City
I've got a few shirts and jackets with some burn holes in them....from errant sparks.

I've also got a soul that's full of tiny burn holes..... from the profane cursing that comes when those original holes were burnt into my good shirts!

The burnt holes in my shirts can't ever be repaired......but................ well, you know the rest of the story.

Reactions: Charlie718 and Kal