PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

HeavyLeadBelly

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Then read up on it, both types, physical and mental. Increasing your knowledge about will be an asset when dealing with those with an addictive personality in particular. Life ain't as simple as you seem to believe. It's not easy living with an addictive personality. A little understanding might help you to empathize with others. That's a great thing, empathy is.
Well at least he admitted he doesn’t know what he’s talking about so that’s something..I guess

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
For me it varies from week to week. I work a 4 on 4 off schedule, working 11-hour shifts. The days I work, I usually don't smoke, but on the rare occasion that I do, it's usually a cigar. If I do have a pipe, I'll have 1-2 bowls. On my days off, when I do sit down for a pipe, I'll have anywhere from 4-6 bowls.

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
I read up on it and many scientist believe that there is no scientific evidence to believe that addictive personalities even exist.
Addiction is a thing. Whatever alters your brain chemistry so that your brain doesn't produce the chemicals you would normally produce yourself since an outside source is supplying the reaction. You have no clue what addiction is.

Piping Abe

Oct 27, 2021
Georgia, USA
Addiction is a thing. Whatever alters your brain chemistry so that your brain doesn't produce the chemicals you would normally produce yourself since an outside source is supplying the reaction. You have no clue what addiction is.
Huh. Addiction doesn’t exist. And I thought I wasn’t going to learn anything new today on the internet lol
I said Addictive Personalities. Not addiction. Calm down. I was told to look it up and thats what I found.

Here is the referance.

G

Gimlet

Since I started smoking a pipe last winter, I have averaged about three bowls a day, with many days 5-6. Even with a conservative estimate of two per day, I'm already well past 700 bowls, very hard to believe.
Don't keep your empty tins. That's really frightening, especially when they're £20 each.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
Monday to Friday I barely smoke. Maybe 2 bowls a week. One weekends I usually smoke 2 bowls a day. A heavy day would be 3 bowls.

HeavyLeadBelly

Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I said Addictive Personalities. Not addiction. Calm down. I was told to look it up and thats what I found.

Here is the referance.

Actually you commented:
Post in thread 'How Many Bowls Do You Smoke A Day?'
How Many Bowls Do You Smoke A Day? :: General Pipe Smoking Discussion - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/how-many-bowls-do-you-smoke-a-day.102376/post-36949602

Not addictive personalities. You literally stated you don’t understand addiction and made an ignorant comment about it. As someone who has seen close friends and relatives fight addiction of many forms I’m going to call you out on it.

Piping Abe

Oct 27, 2021
Georgia, USA
Actually you commented:
Post in thread 'How Many Bowls Do You Smoke A Day?'
How Many Bowls Do You Smoke A Day? :: General Pipe Smoking Discussion - https://pipesmagazine.com/forums/threads/how-many-bowls-do-you-smoke-a-day.102376/post-36949602

Not addictive personalities. You literally stated you don’t understand addiction and made an ignorant comment about it. As someone who has seen close friends and relatives fight addiction of many forms I’m going to call you out on it.

You are correct. But then I got told to look up addictive personalities, and I did. I’m not trying to offend anyone. Nothing I said is untrue.

HeavyLeadBelly

Dec 9, 2023
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
You are correct. But then I got told to look up addictive personalities, and I did. I’m not trying to offend anyone. Nothing I said is untrue.
Then go edit your original comment. Quitting cigs is not an easy thing to do because, addiction. It’s absurd these days when we know so much about it to just tell someone to quit in such a cavalier method.

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
Never been able to keep count myself, always get distracted with the days proceedings. Maybe if & when I reach retirement it'll be something that merits my full attention.

Reactions: ThermionicScott