PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

wernerat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 10, 2023
So I already thought about stopping cigarettes and just smoking pipes. Already posted about it here.
Well did not work yet. ;) But I m thinking for next year just smoke pipe at home and only outside turn to the coffin nails.

Maybe which is important is that I roll my cigs by myself. Thin and small. So the rolling it is part of my addiction. Also I don't finish em really. I just take a couple half hits and finished. But on the other side I roll a lot. Approximately I smoke around 15 normal cigarettes a day compared the tobacco i use to industrial cigarettes.
So I think to pipe at home I don't inhale and puff some and then leave it and the relight.
Just interested how many bowls you go for a day. And I don't speak about the people who smoke 1 bowl a week;)
But for the others who are nic addicted I look forward what your experience is:)

Reactions: Laurent

Lees65GTO

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 29, 2022
Texas
I smoked cigarettes for sixteen years then tried to quit in 1974 because my wife was pregnant and wanted to quit. I didn't last three days and started smoking a pipe to help me quit. I discovered I really liked smoking a pipe and at the time I smoked about four bowl a day. Over the years I slowly increased the number but by the time I retired in 2011 I no longer keep track of the number of bowls but instead by the quantity of tobacco I smoked. I'm up five to six oz. a week now. I think I need to get a job.

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
I quit the cigs in September. I was smoking 1.5 to 2 packs a day. Now, I smoke about 6 to 10 bowls a day. The size of those bowls vary. Some times more some times less depending on free time. Find a tobacco that is satisfying to you nic wise and go for it. Five Brothers is great for quick nic hits in smaller bowls. It's also pretty tasty stuff! Let me know if I can help at all!

sardonicus87

Lifer
Jun 28, 2022
Lower Alabama
One or two bowls per day on top of 3/4 a pack of cigarettes. Probably would be more of the pipe and less of the sticks if I smoked indoors and had more time.

Though, I'm not the type that can just set a bowl down and come back later and just puff off-and-on a little at a time through the day. If I load a pipe, I need at least 30 uninterrupted minutes minimum to feel satisfied. If I only got 5-10 minutes on a bowl, I'd end up with a cigarette in my mouth immediately after.

Reactions: Laurent