PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
I'm puffing all day. I don't time it, I don't weigh it, I don't measure it, except to keep an eye on the contents of my tubs, tins, and jars. I've got about 12 pipes I rotate and they vary in size. I smoke a lot of OTC and bulk blends.

I haven't smoked a cigarette since I bought my first pipe last spring. I don't inhale my pipes, but I am aware of my need for nicotine, which is satisfied with mucosa induction and retrohale.

I retrohaled part of a cantaloupe last night. I was savoring the taste of a bite of it and when I swallowed, I sort of automatically pushed some back into my nasal passage. I've also done that with my beverages which are either tea or coffee. When 'it happens' I just laugh at myself.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Honestly depends I have gone years without smoking just cleaning my pipes and checking tobacco. I really

Go in spurts right now I am 3-4 bowls a day but will cut down. I am in a tobacco buying mood right now to restock my cellar and with that comes sampling and reviews.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
2-3/week. I rarely finish a bowl in less than 2 hours. It takes me roughly 6 weeks to finish a tin. Reading about how much tobacco some of you folks burn through I feel like I'm not pulling my weight around here!

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I smoke for two reasons: 1. nicotine 2. pleasure
Smoke only as often as you need to or, better still, want to. There is no magic number of bowls. This question crops up now periodically and I always wonder at the curiosity that drives it. It's not a competition!

brass

Lifer
Jun 4, 2014
United States
I've settled to about 3 to 5 bowls daily. I did none for a couple of days last week, just to be sure I could stop without withdrawals. Missed the pipe but didn't suffer anything like I used to when giving up cigarettes - which I did at least once every year for at least 35 years. Last one was 8 years ago.
Pax

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
I smoke about 5-6 bowls a day sometimes more. I have a friend that smokes a pound of 1Q every six days. At 8 bowls an ounce that comes out to 21.33 bowls a day. WOW

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
I have to smoke outdoors, so it does depend on the weather. That said, I usually still have a bowl or two even on the days it is only 10°F. Normally it is 2-3 bowls per day, with 5-6 on the weekends. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.