PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jon11

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2013
11 years....and I never have lost interest. Having been on forums I’ve seen so many so called pipers come and go. I would say at least 60% of the new guys on the forums that start lose interest and quit within two years.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I was a sporadic pipe smoker for about 14 years, but went full time, all day every day, more recently. It'll be two years on Christmas Eve. Give me another 20 and I might know what the hell I'm doing.

manny816

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2020
Central NJ USA
On and off for about 38 years. My first time was from my dad's drug store pipe when I was about 18 years old. Captain black white was my first smoke. I went and purchased my first cob from our local drug store shortly thereafter. When I enlisted in the Air Force, I switched to cigars since pipes weren't cool at poker games.:col:

Lawyer66

Can't Leave
Nov 21, 2020
Grand Cayman
I first tried a pipe in 2011 or 12. Didn't stick with it. Picked up a corn cob and some tobacco last month and been rolling with it since. Ordered a Savinelli Hercules 114EX yesterday and it should be here in time for Christmas, which will be over a month since I came back. I didn't want to buy a more expensive pipe until I was sure I enjoyed pipe smoking, and I definitely do. Amazing what a few years and some patience will do for pipe smoking aspirations ?

Ctbill

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 6, 2019
CT & VT
First pipe 26+ years ago. Alternated with cigars as time and young family permitted. Last 10 years, mostly pipe, and occasional cigar still. Prefer my pipes mostly these days, but still only a once a day smoker...with a 50 blend cellar! Only 5 are pounds deep tho...?

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
I bought my first pipe in, I think, 1991. Continued to smoke through 1996. That's 6 years. I picked the pipe back up 7 or 8 years ago, so, altogether, about 14 years?

Reactions: ofafeather