How long did it take you to get your Storient Meer?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
To those who had orders shipped on the 13th, expected arrival on the 16th, I was in the same boat. Every time I checked FedEx it just showed shipped from Istanbul. However, last night I went online and there are now two records associated with the shipping number. The first is unchanged, the second one showed pick up and arrival in Paris with shipment out later that same day, expected delivery today. So, it appears there is an actual package on the move for me.
As to the extra pipe, I think Yavuz was flooded with orders for more pipes than he had and realized that a lot of people were going to be getting very late shipments. He might be throwing in freebies to make up for the delay. I know I ordered mine the day they were put up on his site and am just now looking to receive it. I actually ordered a gift PM pipe for someone else and I think it was one of the less popular models. I received it and passed it on probably over a month ago. Through this whole process Yavuz has been responsive to emails and working with me on several issues.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Nice! Unfortunately FedEx attempted to deliver mine today while I was asleep (I worked the night shift) and since the package required a signature all they left me was a note stuck to my front door. Thought about trying to smoke it but I guess I'll wait, maybe make an attempt later to pick it up at FedEx location if I have time. Yavuz had mentioned in a PM to me that he would be including a "surprise" in the order since it was so late. I guess I now know what it is, it's not helping my impatience any.......

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
UPS Delivered mine and they just dropped it at my door like always. I guess it depends upon which American carrier gets the handoff. Man, that is a nice deluxe case and it even matches the blue stems!

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Picked mine up from fedex and already had my first smoke in it along with the churchwarden I received from P&C that also came in today. I have to say I'm extremely impressed with both. One question though for those of you who have received your PM2012 meer: is the stem somewhat loose? Mine isn't in danger of coming out while clenching or anything but I did notice the stem would rotate very easily and seemed loose to me. Was just curious if it was only my pipe or if this was normal. I don't see it being an issue unless it becomes more loose over time.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
+1
I ordered mine on 9/20. It was shipped via FEDEX 10/13 from Turkey. I received an email telling me it would arrive 10/16, but I knew it wouldn't get here that fast.
Same here except I ordered it 9/30. It got stuck in Istanbul on 10/13. Went to Paris 10/24. I think it just cleared customes or something in Newark and hopefully I will have it tomorrow. Hope to smoke it after my little guys birthday party on saturday.

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Yavuz,

I appreciate the offer but I think I'll try Baron's beeswax suggestion first before I make you go through that trouble. It's just loose enough to accidentally twist while holding and I think a little bit of wax should fix it with no problem. I had never smoked a Meer before yesterday and I have to say I'm very happy with the pipe and have already been browsing your website looking for my second. I may have to wait a few weeks though, my fiance' went with me to Fedex to pick up the package. She would definitely notice if I received another within the week. It's amazing how much easier it is to keep her happy when you just don't tell her everything :nana: .

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
My blue swirl arrived today. Smokes just as well as the other 2 storients i own :) I like consistency and storient pipes have that

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I have some pipes that are just slightly loose, but when they warm up while smoking there's no issue with them accidentally turning. Anyway, FedEx left me a signature required notice yesterday on my Storient. So, I took the chance and signed the release so they can leave it this morning. We get a lot of deliveries left at our door and have never had a problem. I hope to be smoking it this weekend!!

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
Still waiting, but I am sure Yavuz will keep his promise to me. I am looking forward to my first smoke from it.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Got it!!! It just came in along with a couple of treats. Looking forward to smoking thus Saturday night (if I can make it past tonite). Only probably is what baccy for the first smoke.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
You can always buy one of the Baki pipes. They ship from the U.S. distributor. They are a little more than Storient pipes, but Baki makes a damned fine pipe!! Oh, just an FYI, got my PM2012 Storient this afternoon. I'm smoking my Mr. Brog, because I want to test out the new stem I fitted to it, slightly crooked, but not bad for not having a drill press, only noticeable when you look closely. Anyway, I'm going to fire the Storient up tomorrow hopefully and I'll post my review.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
If you buy one locally, be sure to check to make sure the draft hole is dead center at the bottom of the bowl and that there are no obstructions interfering with the hole in the shank or stem. You may want to take a pipe cleaner and make sure it passes easily through when the stem is attached as well. This may not work in a pipe with an extreme bend or detachable extensions. Ask your tobacconist about the brand and the block (should be Sarisu) and the carver, if known.

fireman03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
So has it taken everyone over a month to get their Storient. I'm quickly coming up on a month from when I ordered and still no sign of my LVC.

Status
Not open for further replies.