How long did it take you to get your Storient Meer?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fireman03

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
I realize they are coming from Turkey, but I don't have the foggiest clue as to how long that would take. How long did it take you all to get yours?
Thanks
Fireman03
Edit: Moved to Pipe Tobacconists Brick Mortar and Internet Retailers; L.

vinvin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 1, 2012
I took the route of next day with fedex. Technically it should have came the next day but it's no fault of Yavuz, the customs here in Canada held it for a day so I got it within 2 days.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Since they are all handmade there is a chance he doesn't have some models in stock. The PM 2012 meers were a special case where they took extra time because he thought there was going to be only 30 or so orders as said in the thread. Well it ended up being over 140 I believe. Again handmade but the wait is worth it. If you custom order a meer it depends on the carvers. There are only a handful of meerschaum carvers left and it depends on their workload I believe.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
He said he was cutting his marketing and advertising for now. He will still pop in occasionally.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
If the pipe is in stock, he can get it to you in a couple of days. He has FedEx and a Turkish courier that works with the US ones. He avoids Turkish post as it is unreliable and slow. One thing that slowed him down with the PM2012s was he had to wait for a carver to hand make 100 pipes! Then fit them each with stems and fit each with a case. A meerschaum relies on a lot of custom work.

morton

Part of the Furniture Now
May 3, 2012
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
i ordered mine (a Cherrywood vanilla stem PM2012 and a silver army mount apple) on August 16 and received an email from Yavuz yesterday saying that I should get them Oct 16th. I can hardly wait and will probably accost the poor Fedex driver halfway up the street from my house tomorrow.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Morton, I'm like a dog at the window when I hear or see a UPS or Fed Ex truck....

J. Mayo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2012
Texas
Ordered my PM2012 meer the first day that they were available and just received a FedEx shipping notification on Thursday that puts the pipe at my front door today or tomorrow. Yavuz was very apologetic about the wait but considering the back order situation he was in I don't blame him at all. I think it's going to be well worth the wait.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Yes it is worth the wait, I was the first to order and just received it last week, I knew he was in a bind and took a back seat as he is an accomading person, they smoke cool, good draw, good value, you will like yours. The old cajun

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
Ordered mine on the 13th of August. Yavuz told me it should arrive today... *fingers crossed*
As others have said there was many orders for this pipe and it is a lot of work to carve a pipe by hand.

I am sure it will be well worth the wait.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Still waiting hobie?!?!? :wink:
I also ordered the PM2012 pipe on the first day and only got shipment notification last week. Yavuz has been very upfront about the delay and it is scheduled to arrive either today or tomorrow.

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
I just got a bursary from school, and I'm thinking of picking one of these up.
Vinvin- how much was that next day shipping? I'm guessing he had them in stock?
Anyone know if he has them in stock and/or if it will take a few weeks to get here?!
I hate waiting hahaha

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
Mine should hopefully be landing early part of next week :D (ordered just over a week ago).

Status
Not open for further replies.