How Long Are Your Orders Taking To Process And Ship ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misanthrope

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2020
Texas
Smokingpipes tends to be fairly quick about getting stuff out for me, but the free shipping option travels by overland yak caravan and takes a while to get here.

P&C takes a couple days to ship, and it’s generally been 3-5 days for UPS to get the packages here.

Gubbels and Cigarworld took a couple days as well, with DHL, Deutsche Post, and PostNL taking a few more days to get the packages moving. I’m not expecting to see either package for a couple more weeks.

Al Pascia freaks me out by shipping stuff practically same-day and FedEx has it on my doorstep 1-2 days later.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Recent order from TP was shipped nearly immediately and USPS tracking was updated for first 4 days, has been in transit to next facility for a week now. Ordered a pipe from a different vendor that has shipped promptly in the past. Has been a week and the item hasn’t shipped yet. The first time I’ve had any problems.
Phoned today, TP representative was able to tell me shipment was with Canadian Customs. Other vendor had shipped pipe after two business days but they are installing/updating software and shipping notices aren’t being sent out right now. Great customer service from both vendors.

Reactions: seanv

Heypat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2020
Shelby township Michigan, 48315
Given our current situation with the Covid-19 outbreak, how long is it taking to process and ship your tobacco orders.

I have one I placed 15 days ago and they still haven't processed the order, just wondering if this is the norm?

I have called customer service twice in the past 7 days and after 2 conversations, I get the feeling the people answering the phone don't have a clue what's going on in the warehouse. Not the end of the world, I have more than enough on hand to get me by, just wondering how this is affecting everyone and their orders.

View attachment 28234
Well it’s been 21 days and The order was still processing, after speaking to customer service today I opted to cancel the order. Everyone I spoke to was professional and polite and tried to help but I honestly do not think they know how to fix it. I know it seems like a simple task throw some tobacco in a box and ship it, but with today’s technology using barcodes and RFID tracking it’s not always that simple. For the record, I do not know their operation and if they are using this technology, this is an assumption based on a few key words I heard while speaking to them. I can say I have seen and worked for companies dependent on technology to process orders fall to their knees when it fails.

like I stated in my original post, it’s not the end of the world, I have plenty to get me by. With that said, I have never had a problem with this seller in the past so I will be placing another order in the next day.

I will however be dividing my large orders into smaller orders and spreading some of it around to other sellers.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Pipes I ordered Friday arrived today, and tobacco I ordered Friday is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I have made 4 orders from SP.com since the Covid-19 restrictions and all four were shipped by the vendor same day. The big hold-up here has been the wait at the border as I've noticed from the tracking that the USPS is still delivering them to Canada Post in about the same amount of time. Took my last order (#2 of 4) that I received about a month to get into my hands.

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Had ordered one pipe tool on /02/29 and one estate pipe /03/28 from SPC those were processed the same day order was made and shipped out to the EU destinations via UPS Supersaver, so far,no sight of either item, next up, an order for a brand new pipe from France has been made and it was sent out on 04/17 , still on the route

Heypat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2020
so as mentioned earlier in the thread I cancelled my initial order and divided the order placing It with more than one vendor.

I placed 2 orders last Tuesday, 1 with the original vendor and 1 with tobacco pipes. Tobacco pipes shipped the same day and was received today. It was actually at my local post office Friday but they did not deliver it until today.

The order I placed with the original vendor is still processing. This is not a big deal, I have plenty and am not trying to bad mouth anyone.

just wanted to share, if your in a hurry smoking pipes is processing and shipping fast.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Tobacco ordered from KBV four days ago arrived today. I'm not seeing any mail delay from the Covid issues. Even eBay orders are arriving in less than five days.

Heypat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2020
so as mentioned earlier in the thread I cancelled my initial order and divided the order placing It with more than one vendor.

I placed 2 orders last Tuesday, 1 with the original vendor and 1 with tobacco pipes. Tobacco pipes shipped the same day and was received today. It was actually at my local post office Friday but they did not deliver it until today.

The order I placed with the original vendor is still processing. This is not a big deal, I have plenty and am not trying to bad mouth anyone.

just wanted to share, if your in a hurry smoking pipes is processing and shipping fast.

Oddly enough the order from the original vendor showed up the day after my tobacco pipes order arrived. Funny thing is I received the shipping confirmation about an hour after I received my order. This confirms they are having software issues.

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
it depends on where you order from. With all this crazin3ss going on at the moment the shipping is more delayed than usual.

Am still (im)patiently waiting for a overseas order (Condor, Ennerdale) that has been over a month. Had a snuff order from Toque that took about 6 weeks but this is no knock on any vendors as they did ship out in a timely manner.

On the other hand, picked up a few pipes off eBay and they actually arrived a day or 2 early which is a rare occurrence lol.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
After all my enthusing about small pipes, I ordered a Scott Klein from Iwan Ries, a Group 2 blast prince, ordered on Monday night and arrived today, Thursday with basic shipping USPS. They made it snappy; I can't complain, am quite impressed. Nice quick smoke or a longer smoke with flake/coin/plug/rope. Hand finished by the man himself. I have an emergency pipe shortage here ... Not!

• Haha
Reactions: bnichols23

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Just received two pounds from Wilke's and they were shipped same day, arrived two days later. Some 911! And a tin of Red Raparee.

I posted this yesterday. Today morning the status moved to “Out For Delivery ? “ and then within a couple or three hours, both the pipe and the tobacco got delivered.
New pipe and new tobacco for the long weekend!

1. Ordered tobacco from Ken Byron on Sunday - USPS states that it will be delivered Tuesday
2. Ordered pipe from SmokingPipes on Monday. Shipped through USPS. No movement till now

So no new pipe or new tobacco to enjoy over the long weekend ☹

Reactions: bnichols23
Status
Not open for further replies.