How Long Are Your Orders Taking To Process And Ship ?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heypat

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 7, 2020
Shelby township Michigan, 48315
Given our current situation with the Covid-19 outbreak, how long is it taking to process and ship your tobacco orders.

I have one I placed 15 days ago and they still haven't processed the order, just wondering if this is the norm?

I have called customer service twice in the past 7 days and after 2 conversations, I get the feeling the people answering the phone don't have a clue what's going on in the warehouse. Not the end of the world, I have more than enough on hand to get me by, just wondering how this is affecting everyone and their orders.

1588194300642.png

Reactions: bnichols23

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
My recent order at SP didn't take long for them to process and tracking shows the shipping label printed on Apr. 28 (Tuesday) and that USPS accepted the order for shipping yesterday. My problem is with USPS and it being a day later and tracking doesn't show where my package is. That's not SP fault.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I've placed a couple of orders with SP.com and they've been super fast with everything, even for one order where the free shipping went out via UPS Parcel Post (usually it's USPS priority). Just placed an order with marscigars and pipes and it took three days to process, but went out today and should be here Friday. I think they're a smaller operation as they say orders may take up to three days to process even in non-covid times. As others have said, if this order is with P and C they have a reputation for this kind of thing. It seems like a lot of people have decent luck with them (myself included...although they have no idea how to package tins to keep them from getting dented), but people haven't seemed the happiest with their response when things haven't gone as smoothly.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Worst I've had is an email from UPS with an "exception" which means it'll be delayed a day or two. Everything I've ordered has shipped within 24 hours, and I've ordered from several retailers in the past few weeks.

Reactions: BROBS and dcon

dcon

Lifer
Mar 16, 2019
Jacksonville, FL
I have ordered from 5 different tobacco vendors in the last week and all orders have arrived lickety-split. ? I did order a new iPhone from Verizon that, should have arrived Friday but, did not show until Tuesday ?(both Verizon and UPS screw ups).

Reactions: BROBS

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
We should all remember our postal carriers this Christmas - assuming they survive this pandemic - because they are getting their asses kicked but still deliver the mail everyday. The filthy dirty grubby packages that make our hobby possible, mind.

I’d treat them to a tin of their favorite tobacco but I doubt there’s many pipe men amongst them.

A nice card with some cash might be better.

And damn, I’m glad I don’t have their job!

All my orders recently from all vendors are delayed

1. SmokingPipes is having an average of 1.33 days delay. Two orders with 1 day delay and one order with 2 day delay. The one day delay is caused by the fact - they switched from USPS priority to UPS Surepost. The second day delay probably due to the same reason - UPS does not pick up on Saturday
2. Cup O Joes - 2 days delay even though shipped USPS
3. Cigar Bid - Not shipped so far - Already 2 day delay

Reactions: BROBS

3rdguy

Lifer
Aug 29, 2017
Iowa
Well I filled out a complaint on the USPS website for my lost package and they called me 30 minutes later! They pulled up a scan of the box and it did have the correct address they just totally screwed the pooch on where it got delivered to, some place called Olin, Iowa. They are going to “try” and retrieve it tomorrow...not holding my breath. At least they called quick with an update.

Status
Not open for further replies.