PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
It doesn’t have to be one or the other you know. There are places to live that have mild weather pretty much all year long ✨

I have heard. Although marking the seasons coming and going with various behavioural rituals, diet changes, and holidays is the closest I get to religious observance. I’d miss it all.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

Johnny_Pipecleaner

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 13, 2019
Mill Valley, CA
I'd like to add that I come from Wisconsin. I spent 30 winters in Wisconsin and Illinois before I threw in the towel and made my way to Northern CA (we're all full now though, don't come, lol).

Sure there is a certain charm to the winters in the midwest, but they last too damn long. In Chicago, where I lived for 14 years--once you get through the holiday season, you're still looking at 4 more months of snow and cold and wintry mix, etc. Everything turns gray and dead. It seems like you never see the sun, except for those days when it's -13 degrees outside. You wake up in the dark, scrape your windshields, shovel your car out, work all day, come home in the dark, shovel out a spot for your car. It gets old. Especially if you're an outdoor person.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I for one sir, have never seen a cypress tree growing from someone’s ass here in the swamps of SE Georgia. Now to your remark, we have local females of the species that are labeled “swamp donkeys”. The definition you will have to Google for yourself :ROFLMAO:
Swamp Donkey is also a nickname for Moose here.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
I visited friends in Texas in August once, and never again envied people living in warmer climates. I’ll take my six months of winter with a sweater and a smile.

Yeah, I can barely do Alaska in August. I could never live in a climate below subarctic. I love a good cold winter and mild summers. Warm, humid climates are perfect for a couple weeks every couple years, but other than that, forget it.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I just get more gurgle. Not sure it's the weather so much an indicator of me being on the trajectory to becoming a drooling, doddering old fool. I've played the young and middle aged fool, I'm kind of looking forward to wearing suspenders and wandering around aimlessly with a pipe in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.