PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaywellington

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2012
Athens, Greece
I'm going to troll all of you guys.........

I store my pipes in a Missouri Meerschaum shipping box. Yeap, this is not a joke!

Since my fund is limited, I haven't bought a rack so that I could properly display the aesthetic aspect of a tobacco pipe.

As soon as I can afford one though, I'll be sure to visit my tobacconist...
foggymountain
Nice pipes you've got there! :wink:

There's many of them as well!

timely

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 23, 2012
That is impressive !!!!!!!! Beautiful Pipes, Great Setup. Well done foggymountain.

jpants

Lurker
Oct 23, 2012
I gotta say wow to all of you and thanks for sharing. I guess I never realived(till now) that it was important to properly rack your pipe. Funny thing is that I quickly started to browse pipe racks and my wifey said that this was turning into an expensive hobby... so for now I'm just gonna "rack" them in an egg carton!

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
I keep most of mine is a plastic box I got something shipped to me in (forget what), and I use bubblewrap to make one side higher than the other (so the stems can be higher than the bowl) and to provide a soft cushion for the pipes to rest on. I keep two cobs resting on a plastic bag full of clothes on display in my closet and a clay upside down in a shot glass to help the coloring flow down the stem.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
I have 4 racks like this one, each holding 90 pipes plus 3 deep draw fulls and a plastic tub full as well.
pipe_c11.jpg

buzkirk

Apr 14, 2009
Humboldt Tn.
Luv that Ardor Urano Fantasy with the Wht mouthpiece, wish I had never sold my 2006.
Fantastic Collection !!
Tom

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
I guess I'am an odd ball, I store my pipes in racks but stem down. This was the way my grandfather kept his. I have done this for many years with no problems, no bitter taste at first puff and no mess. he told me he stored his this way because his father who came here from Germany stored his this way and was common practice in the old country. All I know is it works for me and I get good dry smokes and it makes me smile to see them stored in this old fashion way. :)

rlunderhill

Can't Leave
Jan 10, 2012
I'm very impressed by the amazing collections here. If I could get a picture up here I'd display mine. :clap:

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
The only wrong way to store a pipe is in a bowl full of metal objects like my father does. I have three words for him, Walker Briar Works.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
wow, very nice racks guys, i really like all the pics. i will try to post a pic of my pipe rack.
take care all.

mike.

mlyvers

Can't Leave
Sep 23, 2012
mypipesandme001.jpg

this is how i store my pipes, just 1 rack, i need to invest into another rack.
take care.

mike.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
This popped up on another forum, an 84 pipe beauty! One day....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/84-Pipe-Rack-Display-Cabinet-Base-Cabinet-Item-197WB-/261085799991?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc9ed2637

06d4_1.JPG

metarzan

Nov 14, 2012
Hey FoggyMountain,

What are the matching full bents left of the cobs?

Nice pair. Nice collection!

john218

May 5, 2012
Connecticut
I have six pipe racks that I use. Two hold a dozen pipes and the others hold seven. I have a separate holder for my calabash and a few pipes are in drawers. A few meerschaums are in their original boxes.
I rack all my pipes stem up. I read years ago about the preference of some Europeans to store pipes stem down, but the argument against that practice is that moisture doesn't evaporate like it does when it drains into the bowl.

I don't smoke aromatics or other heavily cased blends, so I get hardly any moisture in the pipe to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.