PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@Lumbridge I like the Old Dominion clays and have a couple of Jamestown pipes; not got a Williamsburg one yet though. I was smoking GH brown twist at the Battle of Nantwich re-enactment last month - a good pipe and tobacco choice for the English Civil War period in the 17th century. I had a pint and a clay with one of the re-enactors.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I thought about getting a large handgun case for them as well. I was looking for one sized for a scoped .500 S&W or some such, and then it dawned on me to search for microphone cases as well.
I'm up to 16 or 17 cases. I couldn't afford that many mic cases. Lol

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
@Lumbridge I like the Old Dominion clays and have a couple of Jamestown pipes; not got a Williamsburg one yet though. I was smoking GH brown twist at the Battle of Nantwich re-enactment last month - a good pipe and tobacco choice for the English Civil War period in the 17th century. I had a pint and a clay with one of the re-enactors.
Sounds like fun. A good Virginia would also be an excellent choice.

Reactions: The Clay King

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Everyone needs to try a meerschaum at least once. Better to get it out of the way early! Checkout therightpipe.com they have some for real cheap. I refused to try them in the beginning, because I thought they were goofy looking fragile toys. Now, they are all I smoke 90 percent of the time.
What!
One meer for a year would imply that you only smoke meers. Have you got a briar on the side you aren’t telling us about?

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
What!
One meer for a year would imply that you only smoke meers. Have you got a briar on the side you aren’t telling us about?
Lol no no no I don't cheat. Hahaha. Not going to lie, I do handle my briars while I'm only smoking my meer though. Just so they know I still love em.

• Haha
Reactions: LotusEater

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Mine are currently in random clusters in the garage/house. Cardboard box, on counter or two, on a shelf in master closet, on a table in the basement.

Reactions: aspiring_sage

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Repurposed Oak bow front cabinet. Like Jessie, we'll be downsizing and moving in a few years. I doubt this is making the trip, so I'll need another solution.

Pipe_Cabinet_Jan-2023.jpg

Reactions: Lumbridge

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
@Lumbridge Something like C&D Yorktown? This was the baccy I was smoking at the Redcoats & Revolutionaries when the blacksmith lit my clay pipe from his forge.
Could you recommend some suitable Virginia blends for the King's clay??? I normally order from Smokingpipes.com.
I've been enjoying simple VA flakes like Newminster and Capstan. I need to try more straight VAs.

Status
Not open for further replies.