PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

namuna

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2013
How do you drink your coffee? Black? Sugar? Cream?...
What type(s) of tobacco do you prefer? Aros? Non-Arros? Lots of flavor? Nuanced?
I imagine there's a good bit of correlation between the 2. Like I bet folks that drink their coffee black could detail the subtle flavors they enjoy in that coffee...Whereas to me, black coffee is a foul and bitter beast that MUST be immediately doused with LARGE amounts of sugar and half-n-half. Those same folks may have some preferred tobaccos that they can also discern subtle flavors from...Again, whereas to me, I might try that same tobacco and think I was sucking fumes from a set to flame moist turd.
To start it off (if not already obvious)

Coffee: Whatever I'm drinking, it needs to be light and sweet.

Tobacco: I'm still learning the ropes, but thusfar it's all about the Aromatics.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I like my coffee with cream and lightly sweet most of the time, but on occassion have drank it black. Tobacco is totally different, I usually just pick on how the mood hits me. Be it a Frog Morton, a Dunhill, or Aromatic blend

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I like my coffee with a little cream, no sugar. Generally speaking I like to pair it with an aromatic. I've been enjoying Danish Black lately, it's strong in nicotine (for an aromatic) and it carries some nice flavor too. The jolting effect of the caffeine is nicely counter-balanced with the relaxing effects of the nicotine. Pairs well IMHO.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Coffee: I drink my drip/press coffees black and prefer mild to medium roasts. With espresso, I prefer them straight (no sugar/sweetener) or macchiato.
Tobacco: I enjoy English and Balkan blends, and enjoy Lat forward tobaccos. I'm also learning to enjoy Virginias and their VaPer and VaBur cousins. I have no recent experience with aromatics.
@Roth Have you explored Swiss Water Processed(TM) decafs? They do good work. The decaf process is certified organic, and it delivers a 99.9% decaffeinated coffee with higher flavour retention (in my experience) than other decaf methods. They are worth checking out, especially if you are exclusively drinking decaf: http://www.swisswater.ca/consumer
-- Pat

kris

Can't Leave
Sep 16, 2012
I like my coffee black. Although, on occasion I'll go the other way & have it with milk & 2 sugars... Completley different drinks to me...
Tobacco? Anything goes, although when smoked with a coffee it's usually an aro mixed 50:50 with a Balkan.

murf

Can't Leave
Mar 1, 2013
Coffee: black. On rare occasion, I'll put in some non-dairy creamer, sometimes only half so it still tastes like coffee.
Tobacco: I guess I'm still learning what I like. I'm finding that I prefer subtle aros, not ones that have a tin note that will punch you in the face. Mild and pleasant, with some of the tobacco taste still apparent. I've really been enjoying Lane Hazelnut, and Newminster Norwegian for aros

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
Coffee: Black. I don't mind adding milk or Half and Half, and will every so often (especially if it's too hot), but 95% of the time, just black. I normally brew in a french press.
Tobacco: Latakia forward!

jwp159

Can't Leave
Jan 1, 2010
For me, I like my coffee black and very strong. My fav. tobacco strong English / Balkan blends or Vabur with plenty of vitamin N.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
Coffee: strong (french press) and black.

Tobacco: with coffee I like a straight Virginia flake or a Virginia/Perique blend.

dervis

Lifer
Jan 30, 2012
Hazel Green AL
Coffee black hot,
Now summer during day drink iced coffee with some hazelnut stuff wife keeps in fridge. Pretty good with just a splash.
Tobaccoo smoke little bit of everything. English being 2-1 to the others. Funny when I am trying to diet, I crave sweeter aros.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
Coffee: Vanilla CoffeeMate Cream with my coffee....nothing else.

Tobacco: Mostly aromatics but starting to enjoy VA.

erichbaumer

Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
Coffee-Almost always black, and strong coffee to boot. My favorite is the Cafe du Monde coffee and chicory blend. With that one, I may add half and half every rare once in a while, but not with the sumatras and French/Italian roasts I drink.

Tobacco-Latakia. I really enjoy strong English blends, but have yet to try a lot of Balkans, so I guess I'm in the middle in regards to "lots of flaovor" and "nuanced." I'll also smoke a Va/Per every once in a while, especially if I'm smoking in the morning with a cup of coffee.

Oh, and French press here as well.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Coffee with milk, not too much, and tobacco in rotation with English/Lat blends, aromatics, and Virginias w & w/out Per. Some

straight burleys, some OTCs (Granger, Five Brothers, Half&Half among others), Cavendish plain and mixed with other tobaccos.

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
Coffee: Medium to Medium-Dark roast, black.
Tobacco: Virginia, more on the red/dark stoved side rather than the brights/golds.

bryanf

Jul 16, 2013
I take my coffee and tobacco just like my women. Black and Strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.