PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
While back I received a free 2 in 1 cutter. Now that I finally got to light up a cigar, I wondered what the second thingie was and looked it up...a V cutter! Online I also saw what looked like a fancy pair of scissor like cutters as well as a punch.

So the question gents is this, which method do you use?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Back when I was buying a few cigars, I got several of those little cutters with the hole in the middle and two little finger grips, like a double guillotine, nothing fancy. They work so-so, being freebies. I have resorted to gnawing, which does the job, and if you do it right, you get to spit the gnawed morsel at the wastebasket for target practice, or emphasis.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Straight up decapitate that bitch. Whole cap, SNAP, gone. I would do it with a meat cleaver if they were easy to carry around. It's a wide open draw or the compost heap for me. Hence my affinity for Padron.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon

Gecko

Can't Leave
Dec 6, 2019
Sweden
Hardly smoke cigars anymore but back when I smoked them daily I used a cigar scissor that had three bent blades so the cigar got cut from all directions at once with equal pressure. On the go I would use a double sided guillotin. Oh and if it was a Cuban from the bad years giving me draft troubles I would use a thin metall spike and shove it an inch or two into the cigar.