PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

leonardbill1

Lifer
May 21, 2017
Denver, CO
I have three blends I came up with that I rotate through during the day. In the evening the question is Virginia or Balkan/Oriental/English. I tend more towards the former in cooler weather and the latter in warmer weather.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I keep smoking as simple as possible and simply grab whatever's handy on my desk, in my pocket, or first comes to hand as I rifle my gear bag.
You make buying a pipe a year long endeavor yet you put little thought into what you are smoking. That doesn't work for me. I expect a 5 hour dissertation on every blend you choose to smoke. I have gotten so used to your dry humor, when you talk like a normal person it is such a let down. C'mon Warren you gotta up your game man. That last post was unworthy of you, do better please.

captpat

Lifer
Dec 16, 2014
North Carolina
I normally keep ~3 blends open at a time, always a VA or VA/PER, a burley of some sort, and something with Latakia. Usually, start the day with a burley blend and switch around during the day as the mood strikes.

There's no particular process to picking blends out of the cellar to open, often I find something I've not had or forgotten about and open that.

On Christmas the boys and I smoke at least one bowl of Penzance together, I keep a mason jar of the stuff only for that purpose. IIRC that's the only time I smoke Penzance. :oops:

Andriko

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2021
London
I've started keeping a 4 blend roation, and swapping them out for another 4 each month, I am trying to mix the blends too, so that they are not all English's or something.

Reactions: JOHN72

atwaterville

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 15, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
I like to start the day with a light English blend like EMP or Chelsea Morning. Right now I'm loving VAPer so will try to sneak in a taste of Match Victorian or Deception Pass sometime during the day. As for nighttime, I prefer a complex and creamy blend like Plum Pudding or Match Walnut.

Curtas Loew

Might Stick Around
Nov 29, 2021
I have my staples and then I always have a few I'm trying out.
Mornings are always an adventure.

Franco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2019
Lower Terrebonne
Whatever I have a craving for at the time I want to light up. Usually, signals from my brain. Like, "you really want a Va/per this time.

I just ask my Magic 8 Ball... puffy
Magic Eight Ball Example

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72

tzinc

Can't Leave
Mar 24, 2021
Toronto
... I save my favourite blends for when I know I have a lot of time.

I experiment with blends I have never smoked before if I get one I don't like that much try to use it up first and when I'm going for a quick smoke.

afitz71

Lurker
Aug 14, 2021
Cork Ireland
Morning :Erinmore Mixture,Midday: Erinmore Mixture,Night: Erinmore Mixture.
When I get pissed off Erinmore Mixture....who knows.?