PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2020
Southern Illinois
Sorry for the late comment but I am actually an engineer at a tire manufacturing plant. 6 years is a long life for a tire in todays market and should be replaced. Todays tires have a lot more than just rubber and steel in them. Some of our tires have chili powder as well as grapeseed oil. We make a few tires for a couple of german auto makers that are only designed to get 15000 miles

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I did the deed and bought four new Michelin tires, discounted and with one tire at only $17 -- still pricey but about as good as I could do here. What I didn't expect was the ride. I always thought the comparative feel of different tires was in the mind of the driver, but the difference is immediately noticeable. Supposedly the Bridgestones that were original, and these were supposed to be comparable. Their grip on the road, their quietness, and their added cushioning of the ride are tangible and unmistakable. I'm glad I was able to spend the extra. These should do well for another seven years, with hoped-for on-the-road luck.
$17 pricey,i hit a pot hole in the spring ruining the tyre ,new one 135 euros.
I ended up changing all 4 as they were about 6 years old and got a deal 400 for the four.
tyres are the connection to the road and them and brakes should not be skimped on

Status
Not open for further replies.