I'm a spreadsheet guy so:

I have 182.71 pounds consisting of 308 different blends

Major holdings are :

18.75 pounds of Esoterica blends
15.3 pounds of McClelland blends
14.8 pounds of Samuel Gawith
12.3 pounds of Gawith & Hoggarth
11.4 pounds op Peter Stokkebye

I just turned 60 and smoke 1 pipe per day but share with my friends so double my consumption to 5 grams per day, I will be aged 100.44 when I run out.

Provided I stop buying today.......... Yeah, No. Not happening... puffy
Just remember who your true friends are when it comes time to say goodbye to tobacco....

(Wish I was one of them ?)

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier

Major holdings are :

I just turned 60 and smoke 1 pipe per day but share with my friends so double my consumption to 5 grams per day, I will be aged 100.44 when I run out.

It’s important to point out that 92% of the existing Stonehaven on planet earth is in this cellar.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com

Major holdings are :

It's nice start. You need to beef up those Esoterica and McClelland holdings...

Bushido

Might Stick Around
Jul 31, 2020
It’s a weird time to start this hobby (a year ago), as I feel the clock ticking on affordable, diverse and available pipe tobacco. The problem is I have not been at it long enough to be sure what I will want a lot of years from now. Since I don’t smoke enough to really sample everything, trying to stock up is a bit of a crapshoot. So every month I buy two blends I know I like from each genre, and maybe more if it’s a newer blend that may not make it through deeming. Then I add a few others I think I may end up liking. I’ve got a bunch that I’ve never even tried. So far at about 25lbs with over 50 blends. Hopefully it turns out to be a good strategy.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
When I started smoking pipes seriously, in 2012, I sampled quite a bit and loved everything I tried. So my cellar ran really wide. I hit some eBay tins, lots of P&C sales, and anything else I could get a hold of. Had some ups and downs, fiscally, but I now have a cellar I am pretty happy with. Thanks to BROBS, I have it about 95% listed on tobacco cellars. I am at 319lb. At my rate of consumption it will easily outlast me, especially since I keep buying.

Tobacco Cellar Wyfbane's summary pipe tobacco aging cellar - http://www.tobaccocellar.com/Wyfbane

HitchensDog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 22, 2020
Omaha, Nebraska, USA
I've been an on again off again pipe smoker for 25 years. Stayed pretty consistent with cigars over the years though. I have 17 mason jars and 59 tins in my cellar. I smoke on average a bowl a day. Reading this thread I feel like I really need to step up my game. lol Seriously, though, I do want to have a well stocked cellar before I retire, which hopefully will be in four or five years if I can pull it off. I probably do need to stock up a bit more if I want it to last well into retirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.