PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tech49

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 2, 2020
Hamburg Twp, MI
Geez, this thread had me looking at my tobacco cellar spreadsheet in a little different way. I reacquired my pipe smoking pursuit this spring, and my cellar has 251 blends and weighs in at 62 pounds. I never considered how much the stuff in those 7 boxes in the closet weighs.

mtwaller

Lifer
Nov 21, 2018
Atlanta, GA
I finally did a breakdown of my cellar on tobaccocellar.com (not including open tins, of which I have a shit load). I calculated roughly how long it might last me at 2 grams per bowl, smoking one bowl per day, every day. The result was roughly 17.7 years.

In reality, I maybe smoke 2-3 times a week, so the lifespan of my cellar just doubled. 35 years of smoking from 28.5 lbs of tobacco :ROFLMAO:

Tobacco Cellar mtwaller's summary pipe tobacco aging cellar - http://tobaccocellar.com/mtwaller

docrameous

Can't Leave
May 6, 2019
Colorado
I’ve been only at it about a year + and have about 5 pounds of about 12 blends. At the current rate I smoke, I would do well to smoke a pound in a year. With that said, I am slowly adding all the time and who knows? I might get to the point I will smoke a lot more, so I will just keep buying more than I smoke!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Most of my favorites are discontinued Rotary Navy Cut and Brigham Gold Flake are two of my favorites and they are no longer made. I learned my lesson when Three Nuns got discontinued so I have plenty of those. I don't plan on running out of my favorites and they are all aged quite nicely. The rest of my favorites are hard to find so I am quite happy with my cellar at this time.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
No idea. I kind of know what I have, but I don't keep track of them. It's a surprise when I find something I've forgotten. My cellar is wider than deep. Smoking once a day, tins last rather long time. If something really stands out, I usually order them untill I have good amount of it.

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
I’m 1 year in. Have about 60 blends or so. Maybe 120 or so tins. Not quite sure. 60 open jars and then boxes packed away for long term. Don’t really know how much but it’s a lot for a year. Pipes are worse ... heh

Reactions: sandollars

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
Got into pipe smoking about 2 years ago, maybe a little less. I'm estimating about 60 lbs in my cellar. We are a sick, sick bunch I tell ya. If I lived in the US, I probably wouldn't bother hoarding so much, but I do not, and Canada is extremely anti - tobacco now. If they ban online sales I'll be thankful that I stocked up. That's my story!

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Just looked at mycellar.com and I'm at 160 lbs with around 100 different blends.

70% of the weight is Virginia's, half of that flakes.
90% of the weight is less than 3 years old.

I used to buy a TON off EBAY when there was only about a 20% premium on ages tobacco. Picked up 50 or so cans all with 10+ years all for under $30 each (including aged X-Cheer). There was a hole in the Matrix and I certainly took advantage. The plan is to smoke thorough the old stuff before I start opening the more recent purchases.

I'm a spreadsheet guy so:

I have 182.71 pounds consisting of 308 different blends

Major holdings are :

18.75 pounds of Esoterica blends
15.3 pounds of McClelland blends
14.8 pounds of Samuel Gawith
12.3 pounds of Gawith & Hoggarth
11.4 pounds op Peter Stokkebye

I just turned 60 and smoke 1 pipe per day but share with my friends so double my consumption to 5 grams per day, I will be aged 100.44 when I run out.

Provided I stop buying today.......... Yeah, No. Not happening... puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.