PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Funny that Facebook just told me that 13 years ago today was Day 1 of my Hot Dog Tour.

Super Duper Weenie (featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives) Kraut dog with mustard and relish.
View attachment 328873

Blackie’s with their famous pepper relish.
View attachment 328874

Doogie’s 16” chili dog.
View attachment 328875
I've heard the guy who started Super Duper Weinie is actually a degreed chef who calculated the cost/profit of opening a restaurant vs a hot dog stand and chose wisely. He had a van and used to cater parties/picnics ... I don't know if he still does. He has every type - california, chicago, etc. Good food and shakes. More a gourmet hotdog place.

Last edited:

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
My favorite is Hofman's Snappy, a Syracuse NY company (with two local restaurants). A couple of Snappys will cure what ails you. You can order online and I've been told Wegman's carries them.
Yep. That brand is about as close as I ever got to my childhood favorite hot dog which was Schonland's Natural Casing dogs. Hoffman's are the only dog I've eaten in the last 20 yrs. I don't eat meat now though. I don't eat sugar or bread either, except for maybe one slice of toasted sprouted grain bread with a soft boiled egg. If I'm feeling extra rebellious, toast w/peanut butter, which would be my equivalent of a cookie.

Reactions: AreBee
Apr 2, 2024
Eastern CT
Just made some hotdogs tonight. Didn't feel like lighting the grill, so I fried them up in some butter until they were nicely browned. Then threw in some sliced onions and sauteed until they were starting to soften, and then some sauerkraut and a splash of beer. Kept it cooking until most of the liquid was gone. Served up with oven baked fries and some yellow mustard, because Dijon on a hotdog just ain't right.