Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Every morning at home, Cafe Bustelo Ground Coffee Dark Roast, made in an Espresso percolator.

cafe-bustelo.jpg

When I go out, it is to Kahwa Coffee, right across the street, and I order Cafe Mocha.

wallbright

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2010
I prefer the dark roast by Folgers. I recently studied abroad in Italy and fell in love with espresso. I have yet to purchase any though while I have been back in the states. I imagine though that it would taste great paired with a pipe.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
The cheap stuff would be the large blue tin from Wally World for $5-6 per. Starbucks when I can get a chance to sit and enjoy it and not have to rush it.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
My nearest tobacconist is McGahey's in Exeter Uk. Luckily for me they have opened their own coffee shop right next door. In one shop for my tobacco, into the next for my coffee and then sat outside drinking my coffee and smoking my pipe watching the world and his dog walk past... Ahh heaven.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
1 tsp Gunpowder tea leaf,1tsp Peppermint tea leaf,hot water.Wait till rolled up leaf opens,don't strain,drink.-----Captain Black White.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
One of my favorite hot drinks in a Shot of Tres Generaciones Tequila by Sauza, in a large hollowed out fresh jalapeño. I forget what it's called but its nice. I love being able to eat the shot glass, but that makes it hard to keep count. I suppose though if you have to keep count you shouldn't be drinking them.

:)

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
One of my favorite hot drinks in a Shot of Tres Generaciones Tequila by Sauza, in a large hollowed out fresh jalapeño.
That's possibly the coolest drink idea I've ever heard and is right up my alley. Bad ass indeed.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
@pstlpkr: I absolutely adore Tres Generaciones and jalapenos, but I couldn't imagine drinking it out of a jalapeno. Something about a belly full of tequila and jalapenos just seems like trouble to me.
I like most forms of coffee, but at home I will be found drinking french roast from a french press, espresso from a french press or the old fashioned stove top espresso pot, or Arabic coffee, with or without cardamom and or cinnamon, from a stove top rakweh.
If serving several people I will serve as above, or use the auto drip machine. Or, if so provoked, I will serve one of my dad's old favourites: a cup of steaming hot shut the F$%K up !!!

funn

Lurker
Jul 28, 2010
Gunpowder bulk green tea, and any other tea. If I have coffe you'll have to get a grappeling hook in me to get me off the ceiling runnung around like Spiderman. Even de-caf.

maineyachtie

Can't Leave
Aug 14, 2010
Smoked Tea!!!!
Recently discovered a loose leaf tea which is cured in exactly the same was as latakia. It's smoked over pine or cedar fire! The tea is called Lapsang Souchong. It's my new favorite.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
I should have known Richard would have a unique and elegant specialty tea that would make the rest of us regret posting up our Bubba's Down Home Brew Special.

thebadkitty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 29, 2012
Albany, Oregon
Dark roast for me too. Columbian bliss. Every day like a staple. After all the other stuff I've given up over the years they can take my cup and cobb from my hands after the rigor mortis has settled down a bit. ;)

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
I drink a variety of coffees from several roasters. Great when smoking VAs and VaPers. Helps counter tongue bite.

keeper

Lurker
Jun 29, 2010
I'm another Lapsang Souchong tea fan. I drink two cups of Gevalia dark roast coffee in the morning, and the rest of the day I drink tea. Keemun, Lapsang Souchong, almost anything. Even good ol' fashioned Lipton yellow label. I'm not overly picky.

deithial

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 9, 2012
It's Chock full o nuts brewed in this house in the morn, along with Prince Albert. Both where good enough for my grandpa & great grandpa, so why mess with a 4am tradition.

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
For everyday, I like Eight O Clock French Roast out of an auto drip. On the weekends, sometimes I'll change it up with a French press or a Moka pot. I just put an order in for an Indian filter system to try out. Should be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.