PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eltice

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
I missed out on the Curly Block at SPC and couldn’t find it anywhere else. So, I went to the source. They were easy to work with (Jaqueline speaks great English) and I received my package in a week. They threw in the No.100 sample and the lighter. The 100 smells great, looking forward to trying it.
74t4nx.jpg

eltice

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
Are you in the US? How did the price compare with SP?
Yes, I’m in Ohio. Sorry, I didn’t see the price at SPC, they were out when I was looking.

eltice

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
My bill, with conversion and shipping, was just short of $250 for the 4 blocks. One thing though, their shipping is a flat rate...same for 1 or 8. I added a few to “spread” the shipping cost across more items.
I guess it was worth the little extra work and wait.

gkr1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2017
San Diego
My bill, with conversion and shipping, was just short of $250 for the 4 blocks. One thing though, their shipping is a flat rate...same for 1 or 8. I added a few to “spread” the shipping cost across more items.
I guess it was worth the little extra work and wait.
That is a great deal with shipping!

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
@eltice ... WOW, doing the math, and assuming approx $40 shipping from Germany based on my past experienc, then you spent $52.50 each Curly block. That is almost $20 cheaper than SPC price per 250 gram unit.

eltice

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 28, 2012
^^^ 8) ^^^
Just double checked my CC, it was $246.92 to be exact. IIRC, shipping was a flat €29 ($34.80 @1.2 conversion rate).
They were very good/easy to work with too!

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
A group buy is OK if you know all the participants and can hand deliver (We've done this at the pipe club). Otherwise, problems often arise and reshipping is an expensive PITA.

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
Just prepared a new jar of Peter Heinrich’s Curly Block. I go through roughly 1/2 of the Block every 4-5 months. For my active rotation jar, I make coins and also a big pile of cube cuts and put them all together after drying for 12 hours. That way I have both cuts available on demand when I reach for the jar. I also often put the cubes in a coffee grinder and blend a few pulses before smoking.
TJ7JsdN.jpg

jBJHgEF.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.