PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
I've ordered several Jobey lambskin pipe pouches - a 4x pipe pouch for myself and 2x pipe pouches for friends. I've been impressed with its utility so far.
disclaimer - though the link is to the same pouch I purchased, I've not ordered from that vendor
I've been browsing high end pipe bags and rolls and really like the lambskin one you posted. What do you like about it and does it come with a tobacco pouch?

I have a small pleather 2 pipe bag from Scotte that came with a pear wood pipe, tobacco pouch, reamer, pipe tool, cleaners, and some filters for about $35 on Amazon.

The accessories were worth the price of admission and the pipe is decent, but not amazing. It gets the job done (but I haven't seen one with the pouch, which was a nice feature). Have and would recommend again.

I smoke only at home, so never felt the need to have a pipe bag earlier. I am planning a trip where I am thinking about carrying my pipes, so I ordered this yesterday.

I will report back how it is once I get it

Reactions: JOHN72

BobbyD

Lurker
Feb 5, 2022
Rockland County, NY
I had been using a nylon toiletry bag as a pipe case that I kept in my backpack. It quickly stunk up my backpack. I got a vintage Martin Wess 3 pipe bag and the difference is night and day with the lambskin. Very little smell escapes and it is far more protective. I don't have the small tobacco pouch that usually accompanies those cases. I've been rolling my dried tobacco in small paper wads that I stuff in there.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
+1 I've got one of thsse Claudio Albeiri's in that tan colour. Very well made (but not cheap...) and I have it for when I am travelling.

For everyday use I have a Peterson 2-pipe pouch and a pipe roll made by Sorringowl and Sons (Peterson pouch gets the most use these days simply 'cos if fits the side pocket of my rucksack; if not carrying that then the pipe roll is a better choice for me_

Last edited:

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Where can I buy leather products or read about leather care?
A search through site sponsors SmokingPipes and The Pipe Shop will give you lots of options

No different to looking after your leather shoes, belts, wallets, baggage, etc

As kids, we weren’t given our weekly pocket money until we showed Dad and Mum our well-polished school shoes

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2015
Mission, Ks
For pipes and accessories Neil Flancbaum's work (Smokin' Holsters) is superb, as is Claudio Albieri's. If you're also interested in a high quality tobacco pouch check out Bob Oswald's work at Whitewood Leather (especially the exotic skins he offers).
I second Smokin Holsters and Whitewood. My rollup pouch with the GKCPC logo on it is a Whitewood and my bag is a Smokin Holster. Both made to last a lifetime.

Reactions: jguss

obc83

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 4, 2023
As a man of delicate tendencies, I tend to delicately stuff a Grabow in a pouch of Captain before I head out for a night on town. Sometime two.

Magtour

Lurker
Nov 16, 2023
Okieville
I’m always thumbing through high end travel pouches. Yet, I continue using my watertight, airtight zipper bag for pipe and accessories, with smaller zipper bag inside for tobacco.