SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jun 23, 2019
I have a cheeky Dunhill 3-pipe leather pouch, it's nice and padded so I'm not too concerned about throwing it in the suitcase when I'm traveling.

Many people make nice pipe + tobacco pouches, just depends on your budget really. If you're already looking at Dunhills (whom I've kinda moved away from given how much they DO NOT want to be associated with tobacco/tobacco products) I'd say take a peak at Al Pascia too.

pascia pipe pouch.JPG

I went ahead and ordered this from SP

LOL - my guy couldn't even wait 4 hours for some more suggestions to roll in :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: jpmcwjr and JOHN72

shane1

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2014
Connecticut, USA
I found that they were pretty expensive to buy so I made on. I looked on the internet at different styles and went to the local leather shop and bought supplies. Came out great and I learned a lot. I just looked for photos and could not find any. I ended up selling.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I had an Albieri bag some time ago but it was just too much. A shirt or jacket pocket sufficed and was less cumbersome. My wife adopted it as a new handbag.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Hey guys, when you go out with your pretty little pipe pouch, don't forget to put a shoulder strap on it and check yourself in the mirror.
Ooh you are just so cute !
So Morrison, may not be a totally random question in a couple of years --- St. James, Kensington, Hyde parks --- public still allowed to enjoy a pipe in public in the parks? Not trying to start something if it's not allowed by "decree", but genuinely curious.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
Hey guys, when you go out with your pretty little pipe pouch, don't forget to put a shoulder strap on it and check yourself in the mirror.
Ooh you are just so cute !

That’s ridiculous, I’m not a child and I resent being infantilized. When I’m headed out for a pipe play-date my wife packs me a pbj, makes sure my clothing matches (not too difficult since she introduced me to the Garanimals Boomer line), pins a note with my home address to my windbreaker, activates location tracking on my iPhone, rehearses my stranger/danger response, and drops me off at the local cigar lounge.

Jun 25, 2021
England
So Morrison, may not be a totally random question in a couple of years --- St. James, Kensington, Hyde parks --- public still allowed to enjoy a pipe in public in the parks? Not trying to start something if it's not allowed by "decree", but genuinely curious.
I'm pretty certain there are no bans on smoking in UK parks, and would doubt if there ever will be. fingers crossed

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a handsome pipe case designed for churchwardens but fine for shorter stemmed pipes as well. I enjoy using it. But I also have a calculated alternative pipe case, an inexpensive toilet kit from Walmart, for the simple reason that it doesn't look as tempting in itself as an expensive item, and could not be confused with a pistol case which would attract thieves out of the woodwork. Consider this alternative depending on the situation. No one wants my deodorant and toothpaste. And don't leave any such item, even the toilet kit, visible in your vehicle. They always think there's a diamond ring in there somewhere.

Rockyrepose

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Wyoming USA
Searching for “leather pipe roll” on Etsy produces a large number of handcrafted great looking results. Many will also make them custom, to fit whatever you want. I often browse them before remembering that most of my pipe smoking is done whilst sitting on my ass.
That is where I purchased mine, it's a full function with one of the snap teardrop shaped pipe stand that unfolds and snaps flat back into the roll.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
Southern U.S.A.
A short anecdote. Back in the sixties I found a genuine seal skin tobacco pouch in the back seat of my car. Asked everyone I knew if it was theirs. No takers, so it's still with my pipe stuff. A real mystery. puffy