PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

maulragoth

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 30, 2018
Greetings brother! I appreciate something in most blends, some more than others, but I do have some tins of Blackhouse too! I greatly enjoy Gaslight for Latakia too. If you have never tried, I hope you do have a chance. Thank you for sharing your pipe club page. Also, I am not sure if you know, but BObama banned Cloved Cigarettes even though he is/was a cigarette smoker. I was horrified to find this out after many years, I had wanted to smoke a pack and could only get clove cigarillos (Djarum). Those were nothing like the old Jakarta cloves I had once tasted very many years ago. Wish you well, and it's great to have you here at the forums!

• Wow
Reactions: chopper

NathanWR

Lurker
Feb 26, 2020
Bogor, Indonesia
www.youtube.com
Hello all, its been busy day lately. And i attendance IPSD in Bandung last Saturday.
Very tired, and didnt check the forum. And when i check now, i'm very excited about your all greeting, Thanks

Welcome from Knik River, Alaska!!!!

View attachment 20757
Nice place you have, in Indonesia only in Papua who have snow

Welcome to the forum! It is exciting to know that Indonesia has such a vibrant pipe smoking community.
Yes we are, every year we have something new. Like old traditional tobacco from Wamena, Papua became new in pipe smoker. Another wood to try make pipe. Another local RYO blend make to pipe tobacco. Always new thing to develop in here!

Hello from the UK!
Hello SIr! Good to know you.

Welcome my friend, from Ontario. Canada. Love magnum Opus and Blackhouse as well! Russ knows his stuff, that's for sure.
Hello sir! So we have loved same blend brother haha. Yes the spicy is very nice in rainy season now in Here.

Greetings!
Thanks Sir!

Welcome from Ontario, Canada!

I think there are a few members from your part of the world, but they post infrequently. Its always good to have some more international members around for perspective!
Thanks brother! Yes i think a lot of people from Indonesia here, because we more likely posting in FB than Forum. I will update about Indonesia in here, if im free. Thanks!

Excellent introduction and welcome to the forum! Looking forward to news from Indonesia too.
Thanks brother, i will if im free. Wait my update about Pipe smoking, smoker, tobacco etc in here.

Be Welcome Sir
Thanks sir!

Glad you joined the forum, look forward to your posts.
Ok Sir, i will. Thanks anyway!

Welcome from East Tennessee USA
Hello sir, greeting from Indonesia

Welcome from Evergreen, Colorado.

In addition to the previously recommended blends, consider:
Dan Tobacco's Old Ironsides
Captain Earle's Ten Russians
Samuel Gawith's Commonwealth Mixture
F&K's Lancer's Slices

I am a fan of Tambolaka, which sadly is no longer available in the United States.
Hello sir!
Old iron, SG commonwealth, dan F&K lancer i didnt try yet.
But Captain Earle's Ten Russian i already try that. And very lovely taste they have. Have some smoky, and like another spices in there, The cavendish make taste more soury and warm. Its very nice using now cause rainy season in here.
I can help you to sent it to USA. Its easy buy in here.

Indonesia is about as pro-tobacco of a country there is anymore.
I miss being able to easily buy my favorite kretek, Djarum Super... and the occasional Dji Sam Soe.
yes its is Sir!
Kretek its like national blend of our cigarette. We love our virginia blend with clove, we have best clove from Ambon. Its bold, and make tobacco more warm, and friendly if you inhale it. i can help you to sent it to USA. But its very nice if you smoke in here with me.

Welcome from the San Francisco, USA area. I would love to visit Indonesia someday. I believe Cornell & Diehl is using some leaf from Indonesia in their blends. At least I'm pretty sure I heard Kasturi was from Indonesia? And of course, many cigars use Indonesian/Sumatra tobacco.

I love a good Latakia blend, too. Some of my favorites are GLP Maltese Falcon and Spark Plug, Bengal Slices, Stokkebye/Arango Balkan Supreme.
Hello Sir!
Yes i will greeting you, if possible i will arrange pipe meet with us. I guarantee you will be tounge bit, cause a lot of local tobacco you will try. Yes Kasturi from Indonesia, its from Lombok Island. The character its very oily, sweet, and smooth; nice virginia they are
yes they are, Deli (Sumatra) its one of the best cigar leaf in here.
Your favorite, im not yet try that. Hope one day i try, thanks for sharing.

Another hearty welcome from Arizona! What part of Indonesia if I may ask?
Im from West Java province, in Bogor city where i am. A lot of rain, humid very high, always smoke every night to make me warm. Please come.

Welcome from SE Pennsylvania!☕
Thanks Sir!

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Hello Gents!

My name Nathan from Bogor, Indonesia. I smoke since 2015, i very much like latakia and Nording Pipes or else Danish Pipes. My friend always call me the latakia junkie haha. My first latakia is Sillem Black but Blackhouse who win my mouth, runner up is Magnum Opus also Russ the my favorite blender, third is 3 oaks syrian (so sad its rare today).

I actively in FB group before than in here, so today i start wanna active in here too. So i can share a lot about Indonesia Pipe Smoker, tobacco, etc.

In Indonesia we have a lot pipe club, more than 8 active group in here. And many Indonesian Pipe Smoker is active in FB, you can klik here. Its like our forum, you can see a lot activity in there. We have a lot of many tobacco blender and also pipe maker. And proudly Indonesia also already approved join in CIPC last year as our club national name Pipe Club of Indonesia.

Sorry for the long bad english i have, and keep sweet smoke Gents!
G'day and welcome from Oz.

When I was 14yo I first smoked kretek cigarettes then many years later it was all that I smoked for a few years . [Gudam Garam]
Is there a kretek pipe tobacco?

Mild English/American/crossovers are nice but I don't like when the latakia dominates. Too much of a good thing.
Mixing a mild English blend 50/50 with an aromatic is a nice change. [Mix it in a jar and leave it for a couple of days before smoking]

Your English is much better than my Indonesian.

Sampai jumpa.

NomadOrb

(Nomadorb)
Feb 20, 2020
SoCal
Welcome! I used to smoke a kretek cigarette called Nirvana. Man oh man, those things always hit the spot. I'm actually trying to find a kretek like pipe tobacco, do you know of any like that?

NathanWR

Lurker
Feb 26, 2020
Bogor, Indonesia
www.youtube.com
G'day and welcome from Oz.

When I was 14yo I first smoked kretek cigarettes then many years later it was all that I smoked for a few years . [Gudam Garam]
Is there a kretek pipe tobacco?

Mild English/American/crossovers are nice but I don't like when the latakia dominates. Too much of a good thing.
Mixing a mild English blend 50/50 with an aromatic is a nice change. [Mix it in a jar and leave it for a couple of days before smoking]

Your English is much better than my Indonesian.

Sampai jumpa.

Helo sir,

Gudang Garam is one of the best cigarrettes with clove (kretek) in Indonesia. And not pipe tobacco sir.
FYI its called kretek cause its will sound like that if burn (clove burn sound).

yes i dont like latakia dominates, i like its when no more than 40% latakia blend.
Ok sir, i will try your info. i never try that just blend in bowl immediately haha. Thanks
ahahha thanks for your appreciate, see you again
And stay safe, clean and smoke!

Welcome! I used to smoke a kretek cigarette called Nirvana. Man oh man, those things always hit the spot. I'm actually trying to find a kretek like pipe tobacco, do you know of any like that?

Hello sir,
I just know Nirvana, interesting where its come from?
In indonesia have some personal blend its use clove. Maybe you can search dry clove if your spices store have and sell it there.
And my suggestion its never use clove more than 5% on your blend. Max 10% if its 100gr or more blend.
Thanks

Welcome. Very interesting to learn about pipe smoking in Indonesia, glad to have you here.

Thanks sir. Nice to know you

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Helo sir,

Gudang Garam is one of the best cigarrettes with clove (kretek) in Indonesia. And not pipe tobacco sir.
FYI its called kretek cause its will sound like that if burn (clove burn sound).

yes i dont like latakia dominates, i like its when no more than 40% latakia blend.
Ok sir, i will try your info. i never try that just blend in bowl immediately haha. Thanks
ahahha thanks for your appreciate, see you again
And stay safe, clean and smoke!

Hello sir,
I just know Nirvana, interesting where its come from?
In indonesia have some personal blend its use clove. Maybe you can search dry clove if your spices store have and sell it there.
And my suggestion its never use clove more than 5% on your blend. Max 10% if its 100gr or more blend.
Thanks
Ahh, GudANG Garam, yes [How quickly one forgets, lol]
The kretek 'crackle'; interesting - I just presumed kretek meant clove. Thanks, now I know.

When I was travelling around hippy country up around the NSW north coast [Mullumbimby] many years ago, quite a few smokers, including myself, tried to make our own kretek tobacco by mixing cloves into RYO tobacco. Not one of us were able to come close to replicating the taste and gave up trying.

Cigarettes and tobacco is extremely expensive here in Nanny State Australia [Around $120 for 50 grams] I quit cigarettes for a pipe ten years ago and am fortunate to have stocked up on pipe tobacco from the U.S. before the authorities cracked down on importing tobacco.

You remain safe too friend. Coronavirus would be devastating if it swept through Indonesia.

NathanWR

Lurker
Feb 26, 2020
Bogor, Indonesia
www.youtube.com
Ahh, GudANG Garam, yes [How quickly one forgets, lol]
The kretek 'crackle'; interesting - I just presumed kretek meant clove. Thanks, now I know.

When I was travelling around hippy country up around the NSW north coast [Mullumbimby] many years ago, quite a few smokers, including myself, tried to make our own kretek tobacco by mixing cloves into RYO tobacco. Not one of us were able to come close to replicating the taste and gave up trying.

Cigarettes and tobacco is extremely expensive here in Nanny State Australia [Around $120 for 50 grams] I quit cigarettes for a pipe ten years ago and am fortunate to have stocked up on pipe tobacco from the U.S. before the authorities cracked down on importing tobacco.

You remain safe too friend. Coronavirus would be devastating if it swept through Indonesia.

Hahaha maybe thats its rare item in AUS. In here its so many selling Gudang garam or another kretek cigarete
Ciagrete krektek its our legacy, after roll your own tobacco

cause in here using local tobacco, thats why its different. Like using burley also to make tasty. And also alot of another secret recipe in filter and paper.

woww in here its very cheap, only $2 you get 1 pack. I sad, cause my friend in AUS its very expensive even import it from US.

Yes my friend thanks a lot, you and family too. Keep safe, clean and smoke

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.