Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanWR

Lurker
Feb 26, 2020
Bogor, Indonesia
www.youtube.com
Hello Gents!

My name Nathan from Bogor, Indonesia. I smoke since 2015, i very much like latakia and Nording Pipes or else Danish Pipes. My friend always call me the latakia junkie haha. My first latakia is Sillem Black but Blackhouse who win my mouth, runner up is Magnum Opus also Russ the my favorite blender, third is 3 oaks syrian (so sad its rare today).

I actively in FB group before than in here, so today i start wanna active in here too. So i can share a lot about Indonesia Pipe Smoker, tobacco, etc.

In Indonesia we have a lot pipe club, more than 8 active group in here. And many Indonesian Pipe Smoker is active in FB, you can klik here. Its like our forum, you can see a lot activity in there. We have a lot of many tobacco blender and also pipe maker. And proudly Indonesia also already approved join in CIPC last year as our club national name Pipe Club of Indonesia.

Sorry for the long bad english i have, and keep sweet smoke Gents!

NathanWR

Lurker
Feb 26, 2020
Bogor, Indonesia
www.youtube.com
Welcome from MN. I am also a latakia junkie. What other blends do you like?
Thanks Sir! The top 3 already said but sory my third is Quite Night. Other like Samovar, Raven, Timm 1000, pirate kake, Oriental from Connel, Gaslight, HH vintage syrian, Johm Cotton Smyrna, and another local blend

Welcome Sir. Good to have you aboard.
Thanks sir

If our Indonesian was as good as your English, I think we’d all be impressed with ourselves. :)

Welcome! That’s a good introduction post!
Well thanks you my friend!

Reactions: lightmybriar

JohnnyAZ

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 14, 2019
Excellent introduction and welcome to the forum! Looking forward to news from Indonesia too.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Welcome from Evergreen, Colorado.

In addition to the previously recommended blends, consider:
Dan Tobacco's Old Ironsides
Captain Earle's Ten Russians
Samuel Gawith's Commonwealth Mixture
F&K's Lancer's Slices

I am a fan of Tambolaka, which sadly is no longer available in the United States.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Indonesia is about as pro-tobacco of a country there is anymore.
I miss being able to easily buy my favorite kretek, Djarum Super... and the occasional Dji Sam Soe.

Reactions: chopper

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
Welcome from the San Francisco, USA area. I would love to visit Indonesia someday. I believe Cornell & Diehl is using some leaf from Indonesia in their blends. At least I'm pretty sure I heard Kasturi was from Indonesia? And of course, many cigars use Indonesian/Sumatra tobacco.

I love a good Latakia blend, too. Some of my favorites are GLP Maltese Falcon and Spark Plug, Bengal Slices, Stokkebye/Arango Balkan Supreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.