PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latakia Dave

Lifer
Mar 4, 2021
Shenandoah Vally Virginia
Hi there..been a pipe smoker for over 10 years..My first Introduction to tobacco was cigarettes ( regrettably) for several years..then I tried cigars which I could never get a proper taste for and finally Pipe tobacco which has been the most rewarding experience..I would call myself a Virginia/Vapour guy but do enjoy the occasional English and Balkan blend as a change of pace and I have a modest collection of pipes and tobacco. Wish everyone the very best of luck for the new year!!
Welcome from Virginia USA

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. I enjoyed my trips to Ireland, the windy Cliffs, the ancient temple at New Grange, the changeable weather several times a day, and the palm trees from the Gulf Stream, not to mention the music and the Books of Kell. I asked a coffee vendor if there were boat rides on the Liffey, and he politely took me to the safety rail and pointed to a grocery trolley in the middle of the river only half emerged.

kyle88

Lurker
Dec 30, 2021
Welcome aboard from central North Carolina, U.S. I enjoyed my trips to Ireland, the windy Cliffs, the ancient temple at New Grange, the changeable weather several times a day, and the palm trees from the Gulf Stream, not to mention the music and the Books of Kell. I asked a coffee vendor if there were boat rides on the Liffey, and he politely took me to the safety rail and pointed to a grocery trolley in the middle of the river only half emerged.
Hi thank you for the warm welcome...yea that's typical Irish humour lol

kyle88

Lurker
Dec 30, 2021
Any local Irish tobaccos that you are fond of? I’m a big fan of Irish & British tobaccos.

Welcome from Austin, Texas.
Hi there..yes there is a good flake called original flake..used to be called Ogdens Walnut Flake..Virginia/burley based.. Mellow Virginia is another good flake and Condor long cut.

kyle88

Lurker
Dec 30, 2021
Haven't been there but my wife has family in Clare. Visited there many times. Are you able to find a good selection of tobacco near you?
Hi there...Clare is a beautiful part of the country..we can get only a small selection of OTC tobaccos such as the condors ..St Bruno...Mellow Virginia and a few others..there are a number of good online tobacco shops within the UK and Ireland which offer a wider range of tobaccos.

AlanH

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 29, 2021
North Alabama
Hi there..been a pipe smoker for over 10 years..My first Introduction to tobacco was cigarettes ( regrettably) for several years..then I tried cigars which I could never get a proper taste for and finally Pipe tobacco which has been the most rewarding experience..I would call myself a Virginia/Vapour guy but do enjoy the occasional English and Balkan blend as a change of pace and I have a modest collection of pipes and tobacco. Wish everyone the very best of luck for the new year!!
Welcome I to love the Virginia and Vapors!

Reactions: kyle88

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Hi there..yes there is a good flake called original flake..used to be called Ogdens Walnut Flake..Virginia/burley based.. Mellow Virginia is another good flake and Condor long cut.
Yessir, I’m a huge Condor man, I stocked up on the plugs several years ago, I also have quite a bit of the Long Cut & Ready Rubbed stocked away too, enough to last a lifetime. Walnut Flake is a good one too, I found it similar to St. Bruno but I personally prefer Bruno and it’s easier to get here in the US. Maltan RR is another good one worth trying if you haven’t already. I still haven’t tried Mellow VA, it’s in the list though.

Reactions: kyle88
Status
Not open for further replies.