PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
Once again I must thank Cosmic for turning me on to ODF. I am primarily a Va smoker and he suggested it. DFK is next.

gtrhtr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2016
ODF is on my to smoke list - or rather my to buy list and I look forward to trying it. I really like your review and appreciate your excellent writing style. Well done!

irishearl

Lifer
Aug 2, 2016
Kansas
ODF is currently 1 of only 2 blends I smoke, so obviously love it. The dark fired Kentucky in it is marvelous.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
That's a very nice review, very nice to read, still feeling that most of the stuff I read about most tobaccos, I am not able to discern it for myself so it's a bit of a disappointment.

That being said, it does participate in the learning process, it's great !! thank for taking the time !

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
As far as reviews go I may be able to help. Pick a handful of tobaccos you know pretty well and then search tobacco review for jiminks or someone else who has reviewed a good number of blends.
Start comparing your thoughts to those reviews. You'll begin to get a handle on their thoughts and preferences. After a while it becomes easier to parse the review against your own preferences

beastinview

Jan 5, 2016
Yes, JimInks and Pipestud are my go-tos on tobaccoreviews.com.

Our taste isn't always the same, and they often detect things I don't, but once I got an idea of our relative tastes, it was very easy to get a good idea of whether or not I'd like a blend from their reviews.

Also, if you get a feel for forum members who have similar tastes to you, that's nice. I've noticed several forum members who had similar tastes to mine, so if they like a blend, I know chances are I may as well.
Tobacco is an interesting product to buy over the internet, as you can research all you want, but it still is a plunge into the unknown and you never really know what you're going to get!

oldreddog

Sep 4, 2014
Thanks for the review I regularly use ODF when I'm coming off a lat binge.
I definitely have to try HH Bold kentucky.

lvs13

Lurker
Jun 28, 2016
+1 for Solani Silver Flake. I love both ODF and Solani Silver but I think the Silver is just a bit more complex and refined at least to my palette. I do think ODF is tad stronger in the Nic department. Just received Bold Kentucky and can't wait to try it.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Glad you enjoyed it! If you haven't already, check out GLP's JackKnife and Triple Play plugs. :puffy:

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Ivs, I would say that Solani Silver Flake and ODF are like chalk and cheese...very different blends altogether.
Both are great in their own way but also very different flavour profiles.
The Bold Kentucky you have should taste similar to ODF only with more balls.
Just my tuppence worth anyway and I'm sure you will enjoy it :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
I ended up tipping (and mixing) all my rubbed out ODF into my jar of rubbed out BK as once I had smoked BK I found ODF to be somewhat insipid.
The ratio was something like 80% BK to 20% ODF so the overall flavour wasn't really compromised.
I shall only be buying BK in the future.
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.