PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Welcome from KC!! You have a number of excellent blends on your target list. There is a wide range of English tobaccos to choose from, literally hundreds, if not thousands, out there to try.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Hey from central North Carolina, and welcome aboard. I think of Indiana as the state with the 360 degree horizon, when you get to the flatlands that are farmed for miles around. How do you like burley tobacco? I seem to like a little of everything, but I enjoy most burley inclusive blends.

tirefire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Hey from central North Carolina, and welcome aboard. I think of Indiana as the state with the 360 degree horizon, when you get to the flatlands that are farmed for miles around. How do you like burley tobacco? I seem to like a little of everything, but I enjoy most burley inclusive blends.
Hello, mso489.

Yep, the northern 2/3 of Indiana is fairly flat. The southern hills has some hills.

Burley blends and I do not agree yet. I tried Pegasus and a burly blend from LJ Peretti . . . Taste reminds me more of cigarettes than anything else. I have a bit of HH Old Dark Fired and wonder if a touch of that would help me through the burleys.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Welcome from Ohio.

(I feel like a resident because I write checks to Indiana University).

Go Hoosiers!

TravB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 6, 2022
Texas
Hello all . . . After over 30 years of cigars, I added the pipe to my smoking enjoyment ranks. I'm a newbie (since January!) and am still working through my first few tins.

A couple things I learned during this trek:
  • The aromatic tobaccos are too light for my taste.
  • I'm not ready for Virginias yet.
  • DFK and latakia hit the spot.
  • Englishes and balkans look like they will be my go-tos for awhile.

GLP Chelsea Morning was a bit too mild but the Quiets Nights is a homerun. Tobacco "must try" list now includes LJP Tashkent and Royal, Arango Balkan Supreme, and GLP Abingdon.

Will chat with you in the forums!
Welcome from Texas!