Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

tirefire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Hello all . . . After over 30 years of cigars, I added the pipe to my smoking enjoyment ranks. I'm a newbie (since January!) and am still working through my first few tins.

A couple things I learned during this trek:
  • The aromatic tobaccos are too light for my taste.
  • I'm not ready for Virginias yet.
  • DFK and latakia hit the spot.
  • Englishes and balkans look like they will be my go-tos for awhile.

GLP Chelsea Morning was a bit too mild but the Quiets Nights is a homerun. Tobacco "must try" list now includes LJP Tashkent and Royal, Arango Balkan Supreme, and GLP Abingdon.

Will chat with you in the forums!

yanoJL

Lifer
Oct 21, 2022
Pismo Beach, California
Welcome from California 🌞

Yes, GLP Quiet Nights is a delicious blend! Looks like you have a great list of tobaccos to get you started.
You have much to look forward to!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Welcome to the forum, from snowy (seriously!) Southern California. I'll just go ahead and recommend Sutliff Balkan Sobranie Original Mix Match. Readily available, super cheap bulk on SmokingPipes.com. You are now afflicted with TAD, of which no known cure exists. Resistance is futile! :ROFLMAO:

Enjoy the forum!

Reactions: yanoJL

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
Welcome from Iowa. It took me a long time to enjoy Virginias myself. I too enjoy the english from time to time.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Welcome from sunny AZ! Hoosier born and spent a good number of days in Indy’s south side.
As a newer piper, I second WVOF’s recommendation of C&D Habana Daydream for those with cigars in their repertoire.

Reactions: tirefire