PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxr182

Lurker
Oct 13, 2023
Oklahoma
Hi guys (I presume mostly). I'm Jamie from Oklahoma City. Long history with cigarettes ended when I found snus, but missed smoking so my husband suggested I try a pipe. I ordered some random pipe and tobacco online and I've had I guess 4 bowls so far and have really enjoyed it. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and seeing my new hobby grow.

DeerparkDays

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2022
Dannevirke, New Zealand
Hey Jamie, welcome from an Irishman in New Zealand. There is a good bunch here, with plenty of banter mixed in with the great advice. Keep at it, sing out with any questions, and most of all enjoy!

Reactions: jxr182

StrangeVice

Lurker
Jul 1, 2023
Hello Hello. Greetings from Mississippi. I actually arrived at pipe smoking after using snus to break the cigarette habit.

Similar trajectory as I just missed smoking but didn't want to go back to cigarettes. I'm around 8 months in now.

I hope you find yourself enjoying the pipe as much as I have.

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hi guys (I presume mostly). I'm Jamie from Oklahoma City. Long history with cigarettes ended when I found snus, but missed smoking so my husband suggested I try a pipe. I ordered some random pipe and tobacco online and I've had I guess 4 bowls so far and have really enjoyed it. Looking forward to getting to know some of you and seeing my new hobby grow.
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heat, I mean Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Nov 20, 2022
Wisconsin
Welcome Jamie. While we are male dominated, there are a few women on the forum (shout out to @Carol) who contribute regularly, and the hobby is growing among many groups. I will be riding through Oklahoma City next year when the weather warms up, looking forward to seeing your part of the country.

The leaves are colored nicely here now, and will soon all be on the ground, weather is turning nasty but great time for pipe smoking up here.

Since your husband suggested the hobby, does he allow you to smoke in the house? This has been a recent forum topic.

Autumn Stream Welcome.jpg

Reactions: jxr182 and jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.