PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jxr182

Lurker
Oct 13, 2023
Oklahoma
Hi Jamie—welcome from Pennsylvania and New York. Which pipe and tobaccos did you choose to begin your pipe smoking journey?
Honestly I couldn't even tell you what I have. Instead of going to a tobacconist, which I'll definitely do next, I just ordered some stuff online with little research. My tobacco appears to be some generic Vanilla blend. The pipe is a pear wood bent stem pipe, also pretty generic. Now I'm starting to learn about the basics and realize I'll probably be on the look for a new pipe soon.

Reactions: TheIronMonkey

jxr182

Lurker
Oct 13, 2023
Oklahoma
Hello Hello. Greetings from Mississippi. I actually arrived at pipe smoking after using snus to break the cigarette habit.

Similar trajectory as I just missed smoking but didn't want to go back to cigarettes. I'm around 8 months in now.

I hope you find yourself enjoying the pipe as much as I have.
That's awesome to hear. I still use my snus to fill the need but I do enjoy it with all of the brands and flavors to try, something it appears to share with pipe smoking.

Reactions: StrangeVice

jxr182

Lurker
Oct 13, 2023
Oklahoma
Welcome Jamie. While we are male dominated, there are a few women on the forum (shout out to @Carol) who contribute regularly, and the hobby is growing among many groups. I will be riding through Oklahoma City next year when the weather warms up, looking forward to seeing your part of the country.

The leaves are colored nicely here now, and will soon all be on the ground, weather is turning nasty but great time for pipe smoking up here.

Since your husband suggested the hobby, does he allow you to smoke in the house? This has been a recent forum topic.

View attachment 253355
My husband and I were both actually cigarette smokers. He got diagnosed with a genetic lung condition and we both stopped smoking, him giving up nicotine altogether and me making the jump to snus. (He's fine with treatments though so no sad story here.). So long story short I don't smoke in the house around him, but I have my back porch and my garage so it's not so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.