PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Captain's Cavalier

Would be a darker color or a tan blasted pipe to blend in, with a military stem for quick breakdown before battle.
Or
Airborne Apple,

Smaller bent apple, with a Peterson chunky flair, so it can withstand multiple jumps and parachute landing falls and klicks and klicks of humping through the bush in full battle rattle. In order to provide a few moments relaxation in the horrors of war.
Or what the heck,
Tolkien's Pot

Would be a straight Pot or just slightly bent Pot, with a cavernous bowl to hold all the baccy needed to follow Strider, Gandolf, and the rest through many adventures. Maybe have the White tree of Gondor on one side and the Eye of Mordor on the other. Anyway endless ideas with this one!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
ford - you gotta pick only one!
The list of ideas I like is getting long. I didn't expect that when I started this thread! Keep em coming if you got em! Thank you for participating. I think I'll let this go until the end of the week and Start narrowing down the list on Monday.

fordm60

Dec 19, 2014
Clickklick, they taught me if I'm not cheating, I'm not trying! Actually I missed the one entry per. So my entry is the Tolkien Pot.
Tolkien's Pot

Would be a straight Pot or just slightly bent Pot, with a cavernous bowl to hold all the baccy needed to follow Strider, Gandolf, and the rest through many adventures. Maybe have the White tree of Gondor on one side and the Eye of Mordor on the other. Anyway endless ideas with this one!

jfox520

May 24, 2013
How about a Canadian Bacon. To be used for nice smoky Latakia blends. You could carve a swirl in the shank for the tail.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
I scribbled out a Calabanse:

bqHADki_pcBWTZ02qEI183EIJSWhbh1yPLSh9-jkmLqtu5K-SkkFOHe1APFtU2whdZolafTias0INm-IbmaooiPFH4JCUewmOILoN_spn9FREx_wcBamak7KF0BjTLagRQ6HzdDAFhWUnQWpLlDYbtRrsSHF7ogRLfiSuxtfThnHDSbFPb35WPawUDCjsBsezJfGYdlGoEmvnNklrtvDpgIApAQwHe5MIL2GHVoXG7x-FC5KMezOGzYlixpa88NwpXOAOFfDwiiPtfEyhxjO7Gc2vDSWAk-Xygk4IF0RxpO71nGfNVApKixI3P9TJ3F4i_jkesBjRhFehN_XthMP9WmfTMT3tVZmbAhopnFk7P2E-thydwtiOdG1aIqgMsrEqGIA9xR8helIs7XUlqsghOiHSi7qAL8s59NjLwETl9cfwWaVENcN-zpt858ye_NozQMfyUCPdSHjZ_dAqtHsNrwPuSWRY3CHZN0IzcGD7Q76Pg1Q2W4dOp96FDqI72RQ5H_Eo9TFjs8dTTWhxo0qrRbSTtFz_Y-unBlOa_59gEw=w427-h320-no

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Amalthea's horn. A horn shaped pipe that will never run out of tobacco.
From the intetnet; One day, as young Zeus played with Amalthea, he accidentally broke off her horn. To make up for it and as a sign of gratitude, Zeus blessed the broken horn, so that its owner would find everything they desired in it. It became known as the Horn of Amalthea or the Cornucopia, an eternal symbol of abundance.

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
Native American as in basket weaving or pottery designs. For animal my favorite is 'Luksi' turtle. I have been called 'snow turtle' in the past :D

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
There have been 38 valid entries and I have narrowed them down to the top 16. Thank you everyone for participating. I will continue to accept entries until tonight, but will start narrowing things down further over a pipeful.
Top 16 in order of appearance in the thread.

Candy apple

Barnacled brandy

Rogue cavalier

Witch's cauldron

Exiled prince

Drunken Dublin

Calabanse

Volcantilus

Voodoo Zulu

Prison churchwarden

Fatboy Eskimo

Horny Diplomat

Dungeon diplomat

Canadian Bacon

Rotten Tomato

Amaltheas Horn
Congrats if you are still in the running. If at anytime someone is still interested in a shape that I've taken off the list, feel free to pm me. Many of these entries have really brought exciting designs into my imagination. I am actually pretty sad that I can personally only pick one for this game. Stay tuned!

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
My drawing of a Calabanse is not right. It looks more like a Cavalanse.

Some of your work previously seems to show an affinity for the forward canted smooth bowl that an Anse normally shows, if I recall..

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
No worries newbroom, I caught it early on and disregarded you sketch as a cavalier.
OK, out of 39 entries here are the top 10.
Candy Apple

Barnacled Brandy

Witch's Cauldron

Exiled Prince

Volcantilus

Prison Churchwarden

Fatboy Eskimo

Horny Diplomat

Rotten Tomato

Amaltheas Horn

Status
Not open for further replies.