PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
First aussilas you can never be too old to be goth. Being goth is a lifestyle comprised of ex-grunge self absorbed think they are vampire, pirate, ninja, etc. Video game loving beer drinking teckno dancing black clothes wearing, stays up all night, knows more about things than most, educated, syick it to the man, gay and lesbian understanding group of people. I could put more but to save time that's a pretty good description.

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
LMFAO, I know what a Goth is, I didn't understand the latter underlined part of your statement, "I am (whatever word I'll choose) and I can't pull tail that easy"
To me, it's like the American saying, "Like white on rice" ... I've been trying to figure that one out for a decade and am still none the wiser (prolly 'coz rice is bloody white in the first place, so what the hell do they mean "like white on it" for pity's sakes.

Jul 12, 2011
I backup my Uncle A any day of the week...I had ordered some stuff,

then he had some med issues...waited a few months...but then my

Unc took care of his resident Dragon big time with a surprise custom

flake pipe...which smokes better then some of my best hand-mades

from major pipe-masters (won't name-names but let's say Italian,

Danish and Irish ones ;-)

aussielass

Oct 18, 2011
Well for crying out loud, whoever woulda guessed that's what it meant! Then it's certainly not a line I will be adapting for use at certain times lol.
OK, back on topic - Dragon, if you find that sort of caper acceptable, not once, but twice, then I'm sorry to say it's not a precedent you should be following in establishing your newly thriving business - surest way on earth to knock it on the head prematurely and get yourself a terrible reputation amongst retailers marketing your product in good faith.
Leaving unfinished orders and not corresponding with customers on the grounds of "health issues", but still posting merrily away on other forums all the while - how the hell can you defend that sort of behaviour to blokes who've entrusted him with their hard earned cash? Shakes head in utter disbelief at absolute naivity.
I have a heap of pipes I need new stems made for, various mods done etc that I was going to send to UA but, after the first event and what ultimately came to light, I decided to refrain from doing so as I expect service, quality and reliability and when I get same, I'm generous with payment and praise where it's due. I have lined up a craftsman whom I know will do a perfect job at a reasonable rate and keep me fully informed of his progress, as well as allowing my input. It's a shame others, who can ill afford to be, have been hoodwinked yet again.

Jul 12, 2011
Not saying I was happy with waiting and the moment funds hit my

paypal account clients pipes go out the very next day ;-) no question

about that

buckeye

Nov 16, 2010
This is the same way Mcqueen pipes operates.It`s unacceptable.If your having problems at least return emails or refund the money.To many honest pipe makers out there to put up with this.

chispa

Can't Leave
Sep 18, 2011
Hmphh,

Now I don't feel so bad that the rascal won't answer me back about a cobstem. Thanks for the heads up guys. I'll not pursue that deal.
A feedback subforum would be the perfect way to avoid these types of things. Lets your reputation be known. Good or bad.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Silliness aside, if any new members wish to do business with Uncle Arthur when he returns,
I concur. I am not hurting right now and the money I sent is undoubtedly well spent when the pipe ever hits my mailbox. And I have enough pipes to keep my rotation going. But a true newbie who's looking for a cheaper pipe and eagerly expecting it may be out money, which may hurt them, and no pipe, which may hurt them even more if they don't have a large collection.
And giving a sign of life would be a courtesy. I could even deal with an answer like

Hey man, remember those young college girls that visited me about a month ago ? I'm chasing them all around the woods, so I don't have time to take care of pipes right now.
Now that... that would be something we'd all understand and empathize with :rofl:

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Hey man, remember those young college girls that visited me about a month ago ? I'm chasing them all around the woods, so I don't have time to take care of pipes right now.

More like.."Hey man,I'm tryin to take care of MY pipe now :rofl:

lifeon2

Jan 19, 2012
denver co
I run a small firearms business and it is my regular policy to keep in touch with my customers even if it is a call to let them know that I still cant locate a part or rare item that they are looking for but that I am still working on it. It has gotten to the point that most of my customers pay up front even before the work is done or the order is made. Flaking out is no way to run a business especially when you have other peoples money ahead of time.

ace57

Lifer
Jun 21, 2011
I'm not taking sides or saying anything good or bad but it seems some time could be saved if a sticky of (Did You see Uncle A) was made.

danno

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2011
Communication is Key. Business is Business, and personal life should not really become embroiled in it.

If it is prone to do so, then the seller needs to give fair warning, and the Buyer need to be patient.

That said, If I sent someone a business related email and after a few days, I had not had a response, I would rightfully be upset. Who here checks their business emails once a week? Uncle Arthur needs to respond to the inquiries. If he is in fact posting on other forums, and ignoring members here, then that elevates the situation.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
aussielass, "Like white on rice" means you are so completely on top of something that you have practically had your DNA melded to it, so you are stuck to the point of being impossible to distinguish from your target. It is impossible to remove white from rice for the same reason.
:rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.