PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Hi folks,

I'm Jeff from Munich, Germany. I just turned 50 and was told that it's required to smoke a pipe now! ;-) So here I am. I've smoked cigars for a long time, but I quit cigarettes a few years ago. I tried a pipe a few times when I was a teenager, though I didn't keep up with it. Probably because I had no idea what I was doing. I hope to learn from all of you professionals!

Take care.
Jeff
actually you are 30 years late. Should start between 16 and 20. :) Welcome from PA which is full of people whose ancestors came from Germany.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Welcome from Illinois. Spent 8 days in Germany, 4 of them in Munich, back in 2008. I loved every minute of it. I'd like to return someday.

Reactions: Irish Piper

Irish Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2022
Munich, Germany
Hello from Manhattan! What pipe/tobacco did you go with so far?
On New Year's Eve I received an email from my cigar supplier with some offers for pipe tobacco and pipes. Well, I'd had a couple of beers by that point, ehemm, and I started browsing. Long story short, I ended up with a Jolly Roger Tempest Sandblast for 65€ and a three-tin-pack of Auenland tabacco (The Shire, Morning Mixture, and Broken Flake) for 38€.

Needless to say I'm no longer allowed to have access to my mobile phone whilst drinking alcohol ?

I've been watching a lot of YouTube videos from Muttonchop Piper, and he recommend this site. He seems to know what he's talking about, although I have no idea for sure. All I know is that his advice on packing and lighting seemed to work really well for me!

Happy puffing!

Reactions: kcghost and scloyd

Irish Piper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 17, 2022
Munich, Germany
Hi Jeff,

Welcome from the Center of The Known Universe.

Burbank.

I envy you living in Munich for the simple reason that you can buy all the Georg Huber tobacco that you want. Their Virginia Golden Flake is a particular favorite of mine.
I've been to their shop a few times, albeit to buy cigars. I guess I'll have to give that a try.

Reactions: sablebrush52
Status
Not open for further replies.